No longer getting Winterhill HD channels on humax but I do on tv.

So if I do a manual or an automatic scan they do not show up. What does not make sense is every other tv in the house gets them and the Panasonic that the Humax is connected to gets them.

I believe its channel 35 for the HD from winterhill

I have factory reset the box but I'm now out of ideas.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Have you actually checked your predicted coverage on the link I quoted? Do the other UHF channels you are receiving correlate with the channel numbers from Winter Hill? Are you receiving COM 6 (Yesterday, Dave Ja Vu) and COM 7 (BBC NEWS HD and BBC FOUR HD)? When manual tuning, did you remember to set DVB-T2 in the tuning parameters?

Sorry, but the lack of information does not inspire confidence.

okay so I have re checked the using the site recommended and re tuned based on that and still no luck. Also a full auto tune dos not give anything. I also checked both DVB-T2 and DVB-T.

It also looks like I am not getting COM 6 (Yesterday, Dave Ja Vu) and COM 7 (BBC NEWS HD and BBC FOUR HD)

I have also noticed that I have lots of Unknown channels in the 800 range.

What I can not understand is the TV plugged in via pass through can get all the channels.

My next plan is to rip it all out and try and petit up with just the Humax and the TV with new cables to rule that out unless anyone can suggest anything else.

It also looks like I am not getting COM 6 (Yesterday, Dave Ja Vu) and COM 7 (BBC NEWS HD and BBC FOUR HD)
COM 6 and COM 7 are transmitted on low power. Maybe your TV simply has a more sensitive receiver.

I have also noticed that I have lots of Unknown channels in the 800 range.
Entirely possible you would be better off with a different transmitter - where all those 800's are coming from. The coverage checker I linked to will tell you if you have another candidate, and you might not even have to realign your aerial (it might be pointing in that direction already, and you only assumed you should be Winter Hill). It could even be that's where your TV is tuned to.

An automatic retune starts by deleting everything anyway, but maybe it might help to do so manually (or start from a "restore factory defaults").

I actually factory reset the box first as I had already tried re tuning a number of times.

For years we have been on winter hill. All the other TVs in the house are manually tuned to winter hill. We are on the border with wales so I think the next one is that way. I will try and see if I can manual tune to that but would have thought that the automatic scan would have picked them up.

is there anything I can check in the custom firmware?

5C1A3FA3-AF9E-4E29-99A4-C26CA684B91B.jpeg17CD8820-AC54-43A8-AD71-80A4DF046833.jpegNot sure if this helps. This is the humax and then the tv when I watch directly on the tv. The tv is plugged into the pass through from the same aerial.

It seems to me the only conclusion is that the tuner is broken and now only receives DVB-T. Sorry it's taken so long to reach that conclusion, but I've never heard of anyone else having the same thing.

I haven't been monitoring the HD-FOX used market, but good HDR-FOXes go for about £50. No, no CF for newer ones.

Two tuners: I shouldn't think so, but the receiver mode needs to be switched between modulation schemes so maybe the control signal is broken, or something inside the demodulator is broken. There are two tunes in the HDR-FOX, but each one operates DVB-T/T2 independently.

Back