no or bad signal or the channel is currently unavailable or scrambled on radio stations

luca10

I have HUMAX Model FOXSAT-HDR Bought in Jan 2011 which is now discontinued.

In the last 2 months I started to see an error message stating “no or bad signal or the channel is currently unavailable or scrambled” on 3 three radio stations – heart (channel 733), absolute 80’s (channel 726) & smooth radio UK (channel 732). All my free sat TV channels are fine. All BBC radio stations work fine as well. This occurs when there is no stormy/windy weather on fine weather days to move the satellite dish about.

I checked all the cabling in case of loose connections & removed & re-inserted those cables including the HDMI one. I have turned on & off the HUMAX top box & did a factory re-install to default settings which worked & all my TV channels including radio channels were re-installed after an initial message stating "check your satellite antenna cable connection". I am based in London (zone 2) so reception should be good & I doubt the 3 radio channels changed their frequency nor someone knocking my SKY satellite dish to be out of alignment. I was also told the satellite dishes are quite sturdy but there maybe a problem with the LMB blackbox on the dish?

I read some blogs online & they state the tuner on the humax unit could be on its way out due to the age of the model & that Humax kit has some signal reception sensitivity issues?

Does any know how to fix this issue on the 3 radio stations concerned.

Thanks

Down to the BBC changing the Forward Error Correction settings on the HD channels. If your Foxsat is is left in sby overnight it should not have happened (this happens overnight). Do you put your Foxsat-HDR in sby overnight ?. If not the required update would not have updated the transponder database.

The BBC and Freesat screwed up the updates on the newer boxes. creating major issues. The only reason it worked is because Freesat updated the data eventually.

If you do not put the box in sby overnight you will eventually get a lot more issues. The Foxsat-HDR is designed to wake from sby overnight to update any changes.

Some recent changes you may have missed If your Foxsat-HDR is not put in sby overnight.

9-Aug-18Name Change 161 SHOWCASE to CLTV18-Sep-18Transponder changes 304 Movies4Men 11170 H to 11344 H, 305 Movies 4 Men +1 1170 H to 11343 V20-Sep-18CHANNEL DELETED 253 motorsport TV 11306 H2-Oct-18Name Changes 302 True Movies to True Xmas and 303 True Movies +1 to True Xmas +19-Oct-18Channel Deleted 302 True Xmas 11306 V, Channel added 302 Sony Movie Ch 11426 V, Channel added True Xmas +1 11306 V, Channel added 303 True Xmas 11306 V, Channel added True xmas + 1 11306 V, Channel added 305 Movies4Men 11344 H, Channel deleted QVC Extra 22000 H, Channel added QVC Christmas 11493 H10-Oct-18Channels deleted from11552 H 506 Heart TV and 507 Capital TV

9-Aug-18Name Change 161 SHOWCASE to CLTV18-Sep-18Transponder changes 304 Movies4Men 11170 H to 11344 H, 305 Movies 4 Men +1 1170 H to 11343 V20-Sep-18CHANNEL DELETED 253 motorsport TV 11306 H2-Oct-18Name Changes 302 True Movies to True Xmas and 303 True Movies +1 to True Xmas +19-Oct-18Channel Deleted 302 True Xmas 11306 V, Channel added 302 Sony Movie Ch 11426 V, Channel added True Xmas +1 11306 V, Channel added 303 True Xmas 11306 V, Channel added True xmas + 1 11306 V, Channel added 305 Movies4Men 11344 H, Channel deleted QVC Extra 22000 H, Channel added QVC Christmas 11493 H10-Oct-18Channels deleted from11552 H 506 Heart TV and 507 Capital TV

Thanks Graham, my box is on a timer so hasn't had these changes, on the upside I did retain C4HD on channel 126 until recently, albeit without the epg.... I'll make sure it is left on standby overnight from now on.

Hello

I checked some other channels & the below error messages are what I see.

171 no or bad signal

719 no or bad signal/currently not available or scrambled

720 no or bad signal/currently not available or scrambled

721 currently not available or scrambled

722 currently not available or scrambled

723 no or bad signal

730 no or bad signal

732 no or bad signal

750 works fine

751 works fine

752 works fine

753 works fine

805 works fine

814 no or bad signal

817 no or bad signal

I dont leave my TV nor free sat box in stand by mode overnight. I did do a factory re-install to default settings & that worked. What do I need to do now to get rid of these error messages & have TV & radio stations that I can listen to. thanks

Answer the questions on your posts on My Humax. Also put your box in low power sby every night otherwise this thread could go on for ever putting right all the updates it's missed, The box uses a tiny amount of power overnight (0.75W) why wouldn't you put it in sby. ? It's clear from your other posts there is a problem with your dish or it's coaxial cabling. 0.75W for say 22:00 to to say 17:00 hrs uses just 5hrs + 17 hrs/day which equates to just 23 x 0.75 watt hours/day. = 17.25 Watt hours(divide by 1000 to get units) = 0.01725 units / day = or approx 6.2 units for a whole year. At say 25p/unit that just £1:55 for a whole year. Is that really worth the effort and wasting our time explaining why your box may not work ?

For other readers the same poster has posted the same question on MY Humax and it's clear his reception is next to nil on the transponder which is where the odd channel list he posted came from. why he copied this here without any sort of explanation I have no idea, also same poster hi-jacked a thread on a totally unrelated Foxsat-HDR issue. Also seems incapable of tuning to a specific channel and posting signal diagnostics for the single transponder he has issues with,

Have a look at the two similar named threads on My Humax which may explain more

I have a similar issue with the same model box, except all channels show no signal, and both tuner inputs show as dead. Can the tuner part of the box 'die'?

We recently recycled all of our old Sky boxes (dammit) so can't check if it's an issue with the box of the dish. At least all my recordings are backed up safe and sound. Just the timing is lousy with Christmas TV/ movies.

So my question is, what is a good PVR (freesat or freeview) that I can watch the recordings on my comp? I liked that I could watch the TS files recorded on the Humax when I was away from home.

Back