No PMT for TS using LAN

ukayjohn

Used to take recordings off-box for editing with VideoRedo using LAN/Ethernet cable. Once the recording has been moved across to my laptop, and I attempt to open it VideoRedo is telling me that there is no program map table (PMT) for the transport stream. They have been suitably unprotected/decrypted beforehand.

Copying directly from the Hummy to an external drive and THEN using VideoRedo presents no such problems.

Any ideas what is 'going wrong' with the LAN/Ethernet setup?.

Many Thanks In Advance.

Once the recording has been moved across to my laptop
How, precisely?

They have been suitably unprotected/decrypted beforehand.
My first guess is that, in fact, they have not.

Copying directly from the Hummy to an external drive and THEN using VideoRedo presents no such problems.
Under the correct circumstances this would achieve decryption.

Postulate: the custom firmware has been disabled by the summer OTA firmware update and you have not noticed.

How, precisely?

My first guess is that, in fact, they have not.

Under the correct circumstances this would achieve decryption.

Postulate: the custom firmware has been disabled by the summer OTA firmware update and you have not noticed.

Box isn't left in standby overnight, Am I right in thinking the OTA updates happen in the wee small hours?. The recordings are moved over using latest Web If with CF2.20 if that helps...

Box isn't left in standby overnight, Am I right in thinking the OTA updates happen in the wee small hours?.
There is a specific check in the wee small hours but it will happen at any time if you are running one of the later versions of the Humax software and leaving the box active.

The recordings are moved over using latest Web If with CF2.20 if that helps...
Using the OPT+ "download" option? So your CF is intact and the download process should decrypt (if not already decrypted). It is worth checking the status flags shown in the WebIF for the recording and seeing that it does in fact show "Dec" or that it does not show "Enc".

For what it's worth: Preventing External Events from Disturbing the CF (click)

On Webif, Dec not shown. Option 'greyed out' in menu. Enc not shown, only on Humax, which then disappears instantly once recording completed. Will install OTA disable, see if that helps.

Sounds like Content Sharing is turned off in your Humax menus. If not, it may need a reset which you can do through the Web interface diagnostics page.

Enc not shown, only on Humax, which then disappears instantly once recording completed.
That is the function of auto-unprotect.

On Webif, Dec not shown. Option 'greyed out' in menu.
The former doesn't matter, the latter does. See HERE (click) and check you are operating Method 4 correctly.

Will install OTA disable, see if that helps.
That is irrelevant. disable-ota prevents Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware updates automatically installing and wiping out the custom firmware.

Will check content sharing is on, otherwise following method 4 correctly. Was using method 2 quite happily until things 'went wrong'!.

Check the conditions are in place for method 2. Decryption only needs to take place during download (method 4) if the file is not already decrypted - I assumed that's what you were doing. With the file already decrypted, the download option becomes a straightforward file transfer complete with the proper file name.

af123 nailed it, content share was OFF. All is now wundebar again. thanks all!. that said, I will be posting a new thread, possibly entitled 'what the hell is auto schedule restore doing NOW...'

Back