No Power

Airlite

Hi,

My 9300T was working fine on Monday; but last night it wouldn't turn on, the display was blank and looks like there isn't any power going to it.

Any ideas what's happened to it or has it just died after 5yrs of good use...?

However my mine issue are the programs I've recorded & saved over the years, is there anyway to copy them so if I bought a new Humax PVR (maybe the HDR-2000T) I can watch them via that or via the TV's USB socket etc?

Lastly; how does the HDR-2000T compare to the 9300T, anything worse I should consider?

Thanks
Air

My 9300T was working fine on Monday; but last night it wouldn't turn on, the display was blank and looks like there isn't any power going to it.
The fuse in the mains plug?

However my mine issue are the programs I've recorded & saved over the years, is there anyway to copy them so if I bought a new Humax PVR (maybe the HDR-2000T) I can watch them via that or via the TV's USB socket etc?
Extract using humaxrw and then put on a USB memory device and plug it into the HDR-2000T and the HDR-2000T can then play the recordings from the USB.

how does the HDR-2000T compare to the 9300T, anything worse I should consider?

The following is cut and pasted from Argos Q&A which was answering a question asking for a comparison of a 9300T and an HDR-2000T. I won't provide a link as I find the site revolting to access and most of the entries of dubious worth, but can be amusing read if you don't take it too seriously.
2000T the good:

HD channels
DNLA support
IPTV
iPlayer
Internet radio (mp3)
Youtube (not all videos supported)
Export/import functions
Fast populating epg (Plus no gaps if tuned to just 1 transmitter)
Lacks BST/GMT bugs!
Lacks late timer starts!

2000T the bad:

No front display
No second scart
No PIP
No slow motion
No manual bookmarks
No trim function
Currently no RF pass through in standby
Play list display fits just 5 items
Buggy 4:3 TV support
Usable but weaker tuners

how does the HDR-2000T compare to the 9300T, anything worse I should consider?
The HDR-1800T or HDR-2000T have way more functionality that the 9300T, but you might like to consider a HDR-FOX if you are interested in extending functionality even more by means of customised firmware. There is plenty of reading about all these on this forum, the links in my signature panel at the bottom of this post provide a starting point.

See also http://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hdr-1800t-hdr-2000t-freeview-recorder.39/

I tried the fuse in the plug and it still won't work, I think it's the power unit within the box that must have gone. It's 5yrs old and used a lot so can't really complain. So it looks like I'm buying a HDR-2000T; I've read it doesn't have picture-in-picture which the 9300T did, but does it have the 30sec jump forward / 7sec jump back has the 9300T (which is great for jumping the Ads) it was under the slide down flap on the remote of the 9300T which the 2000T remote doesn't have?

also; If I remove the Hard Drive from the 9300T can I put it straight into an external caddy and plug that (via a USB) into the 2000T via the USB on the unit, will I be able to watch the programs recorded onto it.

I tried the fuse in the plug and it still won't work, I think it's the power unit within the box that must have gone. It's 5yrs old and used a lot so can't really complain. So it looks like I'm buying a HDR-2000T; I've read it doesn't have picture-in-picture which the 9300T did, but does it have the 30sec jump forward / 7sec jump back has the 9300T (which is great for jumping the Ads) it was under the slide down flap on the remote of the 9300T which the 2000T remote doesn't have?
It was always silly that such a regularly used button was under a flap. The buttons for skip forward/back are near the centre of the remote. As on the 9300 they can be set to a number of different skip values.
also; If I remove the Hard Drive from the 9300T can I put it straight into an external caddy and plug that (via a USB) into the 2000T via the USB on the unit, will I be able to watch the programs recorded onto it.
Simple answer no but you can use a caddy. The 2000T doesn't understand the proprietary file system used by the 9300. You would need to use a free program called humaxrw to copy off all the recordings to a PC. Then format the Humax drive on the PC. Copy back the .ts files to the drive and then you will be able to access them from the 2000T.

Now I'm lost completely, I was just about getting my head around humaxrw (thu I use a Mac not a PC, but could borrow a laptop), but IDE drive.....!!!

My mistake. I thought that I had a 9300. Just checked, it's a 9200 and definitely has an IDE drive. As I'm wrong yet again, I bow to your greater knowledge GLT, I suppose I could have looked at my sig bar to see what I had :)

Now I'm lost completely, I was just about getting my head around humaxrw (thu I use a Mac not a PC, but could borrow a laptop), but IDE drive.....!!!
It really doesn't matter what type of drive it is, you will still be able to interface it to USB with a caddy or adapter.

Back