No response to some remote butons (only under certain conditions)

I guess maybe you mean at a system level they aren't referred to as partitions, rather different mount points?
Disk partitions are mounted on mount points on UNIX.
Disk partitions are mounted as drives on Windows.

That was a lively rebate then.... I think we can agree the volume is the drive, hence why it was originally programmatically called the volume since it was interchangable in a physical sense or you selected which drive you wanted (piece of hardware). This was partitioned and you could refer to the physical volume as drives. Of course the operating system is suppose to protect the programmer from the low level coding and indeed can be full of metafors / virtual machines, call them as you like. I do enjoy over hearing young programmers on train journeys. I'm sure I wasn't that hyper at that age but possible.

:frantic:

Ok, now we have that one sorted.....I may have missed it but how does one go about uninstalling a package? would it maybe be best to go to a factory firmware, or do the packages stay?

If it's just a package you want to remove, go to the "installed" tab in the WebIF package management page and uninstall it.

Hmmmm I only seem to have a install button or info options. I've just seen that I should run the "fix-flash-packages" (as I was an idiot and didn't run the prepare for upgrade diagnostic) though I think I am locked out until my HDD is idle so only get error messages at the moment. I guess deleting is taking so long because my drive is so full :-s fingers crossed.
I'm still completely stumped as to the reason for the initial problem of the timeshift not working - any ideas?

Derr...

A few tips about the package management page:

1. Give it time to populate, the default tab is the "Installed" tab and if you have a few packages to list the page takes a while to build. Ditto when switching tab.

2. Click "update package list from Internet" before you do anything else.

3. If the package is listed on the "installed" tab, it's installed and the button on the right reads "remove".

4. If the package is listed on the "available" tab, it's not installed and the button on the right reads "install".

not on my box.... all the buttons to the right of the packages read "install" on the installed tab. Hopefully things will right themselves after the system is finished with its deleting. no ideas about timeshift?

not on my box.... all the buttons to the right of the packages read "install" on the installed tab.
This is definitely wrong.

I think you should run disk diagnostics from the Telnet menu. Delete (even deleting a lot) should have finished by now.

As an aside on 1. give it time to populate. I have noticed this is much longer than it use to be which must be down to recent changes somewhere on WebIf ?.

not as of this morning... I think i have seen a post elsewhere on this forum that describes a "forever deleting" bug. It was still deleting even after I changed the firmware. The problems just seem to be piling up! :-(

There is a fix for permanent '* Deleting . . . ' in fix disk, follow the notes HERE andselect :-

1 - Restart into maintenance mode.

After a reboot select

1 - Check and repair hard disk (fix-disk).
and then answer Yes, the the question "Are you having problems with a delete loop [Y/N]?"

This isn't the delete loop problem, it's that the user has set a quantity of files to delete and it never seems to get to the end. Maybe it is the delete loop after all.

oh cock....... on entering maintenance mode it counts down to 51 then switches off.... have I broken it!?

####### edit######
fixed by reflashing the firmware. now going to try maintenance mode....

#######edit2#####
reflashing a CFW back on there brings back the maintenance mode problem.... I've totally ballsed it up haven't I.

it just shut down after counting down to 51 whist booting up the maintenance mode. when turning it onit counted from 59 to 51 and shut down again..... working now after shuffling through various firmwares, running fix-disk now.

all sorted now, since I managed to make some space pause is magically working again. it seems as though the space may have been the problem after all. Maybe even though the timeshift is in a different part the other disk being full was hampering it or something. I dunno, main thing is it is working now.

thanks peeps!

Back