No rf out

Keek

Hi new to this forum ,I have a humax 1800T and only just noticed there is no rf output to the tv via the link cable I know the tv works ok because if I join the male and female coax connectors together it's ok,I am using the hdmi cable and I thought this may be the problem but disconnecting it makes no difference.any ideas ?

Hi new to this forum ,I have a humax 1800T and only just noticed there is no rf output to the tv via the link cable I know the tv works ok because if I join the male and female coax connectors together it's ok,I am using the hdmi cable and I thought this may be the problem but disconnecting it makes no difference.any ideas ?

There should be output when the box is not in standby. You can also get output when in standby by turning off Power saving in standby. If this isn't working tell us what software version the box is running? The alternative way to do it is to put an aerial splitter into the aerial feed to the Humax.

Hi Martin
The box is a few months old so software should be up to date I have tried the power saving mode that did not work. I am going to get an aerial amp with two outputs as my signal is not brill, it may be a software problem but I think the amplifier is the best option regarding my not so good signal.thanks for the advice.

On what basis are you saying that your signal level is "not brill"? Check your actual signal levels before you splash out on an amp.

An amp isn't necessarily the answer (as we frequently have to say), particularly with digital TV. If the signal is too weak in the first place, it will have a poor signal-to-noise ratio - and an amp boosts the signal and the noise. The actual problem needs to be identified before deciding an amp is the best course of action (and if so, fit a masthead amp not an indoor amp).

In this case, it looks to me like the 1800T's RF pass-through is broken. No amp will sort that out! The solution is to feed the 1800T and the TV separately (or the TV not at all - I consume all my TV via the Hummys). A passive splitter may be sufficient, and if not only then consider a multi-way distribution amplifier.

The box is a few months old so software should be up to date
There was an issue with the early HDR-2000T RF loop through but the HDR-1800T has always been OK for RF loop through.
But you should ensure that the software is up to to date anyway. At the factory they don't usually start loading the latest software as soon as it is available. Also it can take some time before a manufactured unit is shipped and sold and mean time a later software could be made available.
The latest software is UKTFAC 1.01.20 and dated 08 JAN 2018.

I have tried the power saving mode that did not work.
This sounds unusual. Please would you double check that the Power Management menu does display the text "Power Saving in Standby Off"

Hi All
My aerial feeder is 90% of the problem should have done this first the coax plug is corroded so it has water ingress ,to be replaced when I get the ladders out,I will switch the power saving to off although it did nothing last time,software
Is 1.01.18 10aug 17.sounds old stuff , I am going to replace the coax first that should cure the signal problem.so what do I do about the software ( the box is not connected to the Internet ) regards Keith.

Hi All
My aerial feeder is 90% of the problem should have done this first the coax plug is corroded so it has water ingress ,to be replaced when I get the ladders out,
I hope you have disconnected the Humax as water getting into the tuners will very quickly destroy them.
I will switch the power saving to off although it did nothing last time,software
let us know what happens.
Is 1.01.18 10aug 17.sounds old stuff , I am going to replace the coax first that should cure the signal problem.so what do I do about the software ( the box is not connected to the Internet ) regards
The instructions and the download file are on the Humax web site https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=1185&curr_page=sw_release

Hi
The ae down lead goes to a small connector box first then via a link cable to the humax there is no sign of water damage on that cable, I will try the software link after I get back from holiday.thanks for the information and help.

Back