No signal and no HDMI display

John1212

I am new to the CFW having installed 1.02.32 yesterday and added webif, samba, ffmpeg and autounprotect packages. (I installed CFW to monitor drive temperatire as I was having drive problems and had just fitted a new Seagate 1TB pipeline drive)

I connected a 1TB external USB drive last night which when formatted via the humax showed 1833Gbytes so decided to format via Linux on the box instead. (fdisk created 1 primary partition and mkfs.ext3 to create ext3 file system - no gives 916GB available.)

I left it creating the file system overnight and when I looked this morning there was no display on the HDMI output and the SCART outout was saying no signal available and all channels were the same. Everyhing else was still working - playback of media, remote control functions etc.

I checked signal strength and all channels showed zero. I went outside to check the aerial hadn't fallen down but all OK.

Powered off and on and all was OK again.

Is this something anyone else has encountered? I hadnt had any previous versions of CFW on the box before and hadnt had this problem before installing the CFW. I will monitor the situation today to see if it happens again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It's best to see if the Humax functions normally while running the Custom Firmware in day-to-day activities, as running command line fdisk and mkfs.ext3 is hardly normal use. You could also check that Automatic Power Down isn't turned on i.e. MENU  >> Settings  >> System  >> Power Management >> Automatic Power Down = On, as I'm not sure what effect the 3 Hours auto Power down might have while performing mkfs.ext3

It's best to see if the Humax functions normally while running the Custom Firmware in day-to-day activities, as running command line fdisk and mkfs.ext3 is hardly normal use. You could also check that Automatic Power Down isn't turned on i.e. MENU  >> Settings  >> System  >> Power Management >> Automatic Power Down = On, as I'm not sure what affect the 3 Hours auto Power down might have while performing mkfs.ext3

Thanks for the reply. Automatic Power Down and Power Saving In Standby both were set to OFF. The box was 'live' this morning and the telnet session still active. I had seen mention of formatting disks via Linux but perhaps people normally do that on another system rather on the Humax itself. Will continue to monitor.

Indeed, using GPartEd or some such. I wouldn't worry too much about a one-off crash occurring when doing something unusual, that a reboot sorts out.

Have now been reading a bit more and found the section regarding Maintenance mode and the recommendation to start in this mode to carry out tasks such as fdisk and formatting. I hadnt done this just from the standard cli prompt. Lack of knowledge about CFW on my part.

Box has now been running OK all weekend.

Thanks again.

Back