No signal or weak signal message

Is there an easy way to tell for sure? According to the DigitalUK site, Moel y parc is a different transmitter entirely. My aerial is pointed to Winter Hill (bearing of 7), as far as I can see, and Moel y parc is on a bearing of 282 from here, or 258 for the Wrexham transmitter. Am I missing something vital, here?

All the same, I'll try that, before I go to the trouble of sending it back.

I live south east of winter hill ( about 120 degrees from Moel Y parc ), Moel y parc blasts in, the channels are in the 20's check channels 800 on , Your winter hill channels will be there.

oh I forgot easy way to tell if you are on Moel Y Parc select ch 4 it will be S4c all welsh if you're on the wrong transmitter

Ye Gods! That's seven too many. Have you actually performed a manual retune as we advised?

If you followed the procedure referred to before HERE (click) you should have identified ONE transmitter with SIX multiplex channels, and only be tuned to those. Presuming you definitely want Winter Hill, as BrianMT said further up you should ONLY have channels 54, 55, 58, 59, 61, 62.

If you carry on with the signal detection and select each channel listed in turn, you will find some of them give you a good signal and others a poor or fluctuating signal. The good signal should come from the channels for the transmitter your aerial is pointing at. If not, you probably need to direct your aerial to a different transmitter (it may also need to be a different type and polarisation).

Check those signal levels, confirm Winter Hill is your best option, then do a manual retune according to the instructions provided. 54 is DVB-T2, 55, 58, 59, 61, 62 are DVB-T (you have to configure that manually - heaven knows why, my TV sorts it out for itself). This is all because your Humax did a self-retune on September 19th. There's another one on October 16th.

Ye Gods! That's seven too many. Have you actually performed a manual retune as we advised?

If you followed the procedure referred to before HERE (click) you should have identified ONE transmitter with SIX multiplex channels, and only be tuned to those. Presuming you definitely want Winter Hill, as BrianMT said further up you should ONLY have channels 54, 55, 58, 59, 61, 62.

If you carry on with the signal detection and select each channel listed in turn, you will find some of them give you a good signal and others a poor or fluctuating signal. The good signal should come from the channels for the transmitter your aerial is pointing at. If not, you probably need to direct your aerial to a different transmitter (it may also need to be a different type and polarisation).

Check those signal levels, confirm Winter Hill is your best option, then do a manual retune according to the instructions provided. 54 is DVB-T2, 55, 58, 59, 61, 62 are DVB-T (you have to configure that manually - heaven knows why, my TV sorts it out for itself). This is all because your Humax did a self-retune on September 19th. There's another one on October 16th.

I've not done it yet- I need to find a time when the distaff side are not using the telly, and when I've got nothing more important to do. Which looks like being in the small hours. :)
Perhaps I'll get onto it tonight. I'm still more than half convinced it's a dodgy box though- all I need to do to stabilise the picture is to power the box off and on, and then it works just fine for another 18-24 hours.

You may be right, but it's something you need to check first. Check whether you have the antenna power setting on or off as well.

You may be right, but it's something you need to check first. Check whether you have the antenna power setting on or off as well.
I've now manually re-tuned, to just the bands I should have. Seems OK at the moment....

Antenna power is off.

Another couple of things I've noticed:
1) the TV Portal has stopped working
I noticed someone else talking about the portal stopping working after a standby, and at first I put it down to this. But going back in to the settings, they're all as before, and it says I'm connected to the network at 108 Mb/s. Yet I press the TV portal button, it says it's starting and then nothing happens- it just keeps playing the currently selected channel and is unresponsive to the remote until I press "exit", at which point I get the "TV Portal has ended" message.

2) the response to the remote is a bit erratic (sometimes instant, sometimes it seems not to "hear" the remote at all) - especially in menu selections (saving channels, moving files, schedule).

Black Hole, even in the good old analogue days Moel Y Parc could be tuned in in most places south of manchester. Comes straight across the Cheshire plains. Now its digital it's so bad they give out re-tuning info on the local news Granada and BBC. Strange thing is most people in NWales tune into Winter hill !!!!

Back