no skyplayer after 4th Feb OTA software download

• Thread starter Trevor Marshall
  • Start date
T

Trevor Marshall

and wont be for at least 2 weeks ( yeah right heard that before!)

http://www.techradar.com/news/digit...nloads-begin-but-sky-player-is-missing-926251

to quote part of the article ".....Humax insists that Sky Player is expected to launch on the TV Portal within a matter of weeks, at which point the Portal will also be made available on Humax HD-FOX T2 set-top boxes."

When Humax use the words "insists" and "expected" it fill me with anger, dread and concern all at the same time!

If they still have a rights issue at this late stage then I can't see that being cleared up any time soon. Surely any rights issue would have been cleared up before any coding started otherwise you are wasting money.

It may never get resolved.

exactly - thats my thinking too

This would be the worst possible outcome and anger a large number of owners

pleases please humax / sky sort it out

from humax towers via techradar webstite

"Update: Humax sent us the following statement to explain the absence of Sky Player: "Humax is still in the process of completing Sky Player tests, but didn't want to delay the launch of the Portal. Sky Player is expected to launch in a matter of weeks."

Beta testers suggest the player was stable so what are these "tests" that are going to take at least 14 days?

http://www.techradar.com/news/digit...nloads-begin-but-sky-player-is-missing-926251

If they still have a rights issue at this late stage then I can't see that being cleared up any time soon. Surely any rights issue would have been cleared up before any coding started otherwise you are wasting money.

It may never get resolved.
As far as I know the rights issue was not sorted whilst beta testing was going on.

I for one will not miss Sky Player, even if it never comes back.:) I'm sure that a lot of people have Freeview equipment because they do not want to be ripped off paying for Sky TV.:rolleyes:

I for one will not miss Sky Player, even if it never comes back.:) I'm sure that a lot of people have Freeview equipment because they do not want to be ripped off paying for Sky TV.:rolleyes:

Especially since, with Vince Cable taken off the job, it's a penny to pinch of excrement that bloody Murdoch & Co will end up owning all of it. Ironic that - 'Cable' having no sway over satellite.

3 weeks on from the release of the tv portal and still no sign of SKY player!

But the portal is till not out for the HD FOX T2 yet either - why is it taking so long to remove the recording software from the firmware flash to make it run on the HD?

But the portal is till not out for the HD FOX T2 yet either - why is it taking so long to remove the recording software from the firmware flash to make it run on the HD?

i thought the two box's where very similar (hardware speaking). but you must remember humax only has one person working on all the software for every product in their range. he's part time though, one day a week, so when you take in for holidays,sick days, special leave, unpaid leave, paternity bank holidays

he does a really good job, and gets the updates out has fast as he can:D

I get the feeling we are going to have wait a while for the Sky Player. I don't know any more than the rest of you. I'm just basing this on past experience.

I reckon we'll get it by the summer. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.

Back