No Sound in uncrypted HD files

LesButler

The customised firmware and web interface is fantastic, thanks for all the hard work with this!

I'm having problems with no sound included with uncrypted HD files (SD too ?). It's only on recordings where there is some lead-in intro to the program, i.e. before program actually begins. Is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks for help!

Les.

It's fairly common with HD broadcasts for the audio codec to change once the programme starts and some playback software can't handle the switch. You could trim the recording to remove the lead-in or maybe someone else can suggest an alternative media player...

The customised firmware and web interface is fantastic, thanks for all the hard work with this!

I'm having problems with no sound included with uncrypted HD files (SD too ?). It's only on recordings where there is some lead-in intro to the program, i.e. before program actually begins. Is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks for help!

Les.

What media player are you using ?. Give Splash Lite a trial

http://mirillis.com/en/products/splash.html

Thanks for replies. I didn't know I could trim the recordings! I'll try Splash Lite first, then trim if no go. I'll report back. Much thanks! Les.

*Update* Fantastic! Splash Lite plays them perfectly. Never heard of this prog, very nice. I had prev tried VLC, mediaplayer classic and wmp without success. Great, thanks both! Les.

It's fairly common with HD broadcasts for the audio codec to change once the programme starts and some playback software can't handle the switch. You could trim the recording to remove the lead-in or maybe someone else can suggest an alternative media player...

I don't think Drutt has sorted trimming for HD files yet.

Getting there :) Just getting round the discovery that these pesky HD broadcasts also seem to change frame rate between lead in and programme, so calculating where the bookmarks are, and new file length needs to be more cunning....

Clearly....

@oijonesey, you must be older than you look to remember that one! DOH! Own goal me thinks.

Back