No USB Drive option

Hi Black Hole

Just to clarify, the files were decrypted (not encrypted) before copying to the USB drive so would AV2HDR be worth trying.?

I've continued to 'search' Web if built-in Functions and found Shrink (strips) and Set Thumbnail which may work but would prefer a 'one function' solution if possible.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

There are two versions of AV2HDR. The original AV2HDR which is for files originating via satellite and AV2HDR-T2 for terrestrial recordings. I think you would need the latter and as mentioned above it will only work with a decrypted ts file. It is a Windows based application and AFAIK will only process one file at a time. If you have many files which need the sidecar files recreating, then it can be quite a tedious process.

Just to clarify, the files were decrypted (not encrypted) before copying to the USB drive so would AV2HDR be worth trying.?
I don't know what's wrong with me lately, it's the second time I have misread a post! Ignore the stuff about hmt. Apologies all round.

It is a Windows based application and AFAIK will only process one file at a time. If you have many files which need the sidecar files recreating, then it can be quite a tedious process.
It could be scripted in Windows though?

Hi brian

Thanks for the links.

Having trouble downloading as the site keeps 'tricking' me into downloading a different file (ilivid) or insisting I join.

No disrespect to raydon, but that site looks very dodgy to me so don't want to download anything other than raydon's file which appears to be continually available in 20 seconds.

Is there another download site option please?

Hover over the links to check which one looks like the real download. This is a trick I use on all the download sites, as the advertising links are often more prominent than the actual download you want.

There is no problem downloading the correct file, but it seems that you do have to register first.
I have just tried registering with a made up email and user name, I was then able to download the file.

Hi Black Hole and brian

I downloaded the file from http://myhumax.org/blog/?page_id=166 and much better to use.

Works great with some files but does not work with AAC audio so will leave as they are.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and of course thank you raydon for making AV2HDR-T2 available.

Do you mean you have actually got AV2HDR-T2 to regenerate sidecar files from a .TS recorded on the Humax?
How exactly?

Hi prpr

Yes and No.

Yes, those recorded on my old Humax PVR 9300T.

No, those recorded on my Humax HDR Fox-T2.

I read in the AV2HDR-T2 help file that Video files with AAC Audio would not work but just in case I had misread/misunderstood I tried a test file and when played back there was no sound so left files with AAC Audio untouched.

These files appear to respond ok to Fast Forward/Back, Skip Forward/Back etc. 'commands' so I have only lost the program information text and thumbnail.

Any suggestions on how to recreate the thumbnails as no thumbnail option under +options?

These files appear to respond ok to Fast Forward/Back, Skip Forward/Back etc. 'commands' so I have only lost the program information text and thumbnail.

Any suggestions on how to recreate the thumbnails as no thumbnail option under +options?
A thumbnail should be created by starting to play a file, or rebooting the box. You can manually type in the programme information text if you wish.

It is probably due to your HD files not having the appropriate sidecar files.

There are two versions of AV2HDR. The original AV2HDR which is for files originating via satellite and AV2HDR-T2 for terrestrial recordings. I think you would need the latter and as mentioned above it will only work with a decrypted ts file. It is a Windows based application and AFAIK will only process one file at a time. If you have many files which need the sidecar files recreating, then it can be quite a tedious process.

AV2HDR-T2 has a command line option so you can process multiple recordings using a batch file.

Back