Noob question about standby

Joker

Hello all,
I have searched and cannot find the answer so decided to post up my specifics :)

I received my HDR T2 yesterday as a grade A refurb. I am using it on an LG42" lcd via hdmi. Its setup using the power saving mode so when the T2 is off i cannot watch tv on the LG.

Installation went through like a breeze and i was enjoying pausing, rewinding live tv and watching some HD, I also recorded the BTCC last night and watched some of the recording, so all appears to work :D

BUT, I came home from work today and could not get the T2 to turn on :confused: I just had the "no signal" on my tv. I was using the correct button on the remote, so not that issue, even the big button on the T2 would not wake it up. I had to turn it off and on with the switch at the back..
Is this normal ? Or have I missed something ?
Any help greatly appreciated :)

Edit to say - When i turned it off last night i was not recording anything, and just pressed the off button on the remote and went to bed.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem, but no, this is not normal

My HDR will turn on/off whether something is recording or not, and I never have to use the switch on the back

Perhaps someone else on here can give some indication to what the issue is

If you've only emailed, not likely they will say much at all. They don't have a good track record for answering emails, though you might get lucky!

Rang them yesterday and was told to do a factory reset. Did that but problem still happened this morning. So got on the phone again today. After over 10 mins being on hold I finally got through to someone. Was told I will have to send it back for a replacement. Have asked for my money back.
Just this min got an email in reply to my problem, telling me to turn it off and back on and should fix it. Rubbish email support.

Kind of put me off the box and unsure whether to get another.

Kind of put me off the box and unsure whether to get another.

The Humax really is a great device. There are few bad ones that crop up occasionally but everyone that I've seen post about it has had no problems once it was swapped out. It's a real shame that Humax support are apparently so poor (haven't ever had a need to contact them myself but I read a lot of bad reports on here and elsewhere).

I've got this problem, even emailed them with what I think causes it-no reply.
It seems if you are recording past the off time ie recording finishes at 0130 , off time set to 1230 , the box will not wake up in the morning you have to switch it on/off at the back, then 20 secs or so later switch it on using the remote. If you set the off time to say 0200 then this phaffing about never occurs ( unless you are recording past 0200).
It shouldn't do it but mine does, It's obviously a fault but my machine otherwise is perfect so to be honest can't be arsed changing it. I've had my Hummy since Sept 2010

I reckon that would be a repeatable bug rather than a fault. I don't fancy testing it, but somebody might reproduce it.

It seems if you are recording past the off time ie recording finishes at 0130 , off time set to 1230 , the box will not wake up in the morning

It's also worth noting that if set an auto-off timer is set without an auto-on timer, this can prevent the Humax going into standby properly and the box stays in a half-awake state e.g. no TV output but with the hard disk still spinning. See notes HERE

It's also worth noting that if set an auto-off timer is set without an auto-on timer, this can prevent the Humax going into standby properly and the box stays in a half-awake state e.g. no TV output but with the hard disk still spinning. See notes HERE
I have auto off 0030 and auto on 0930 but recording past 0030 machine will refuse to auto switch on in the morning . I have to manually switch the box off/on again it will then cycle and switch itself off, then you can wake it up with the remote.

Yes, there seem to be several bugs in that area, the one I was reffering to is only a problem if you set an off timer with no on timer at all, so you should be O.K. with that one

I was not using an "off time" as i would always turn off with the remote when going to bed. This morning it worked fine haha, and when i got home from work.. But, its going back and I decided on a replacement as I have used the box to record/pause etc etc a lot in the few days i've had it..

So fingers crossed the replacement is fine.

I must give credit where its due, in that sales are far more efficient than the technical department!

UPDATE:

Had my replacement now for a few days and (touch wood) its all working fine :cool: 1 thing I have noticed is that the hard drive is a LOT quieter on this model, to the point that I've not even heard it yet. Unlike the last one that seemed to "hum" and clunk rather often. New one has no issues with being in standby over night..

Back