Noob question.. please forgive me

WhileyD

I have the custom firmware loaded. Im trying to logon to my Humax Fox Sat HDR t2 and im typing my browser, 192.168.1.101 which is what my humax says it is and i get nothing but search results for 192.168.1.101

The annoying thing is ive been able to do it before, merrily logging in, decrypting files and moving them across from humax to my NAS.

Now i cant seem to get past the first hurdle after a few months off.

Any help much appreciated

I presume your Humax is a HDR Fox-T2 e.g. not a Fox Sat. It may-be that the Custom Firmware has overwritten with a new version of official Humax firmware. For example if you had 1.02.20 installed and you installed the HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_2.12.zip Custom Firmware on top of if, then when 1.02.28 was OTAed the Custom Firmware would stop working. So you need to find out what version is running on your Humax, the newer versions of CF will display CUST 2.12 on the display during power up, so could you check for that and say what version of version is installed on the Humax

Hi Ezra, i think you might be right. Software version FHTCP 1.02.28
Is there a new version of the custom firmware out for me to install?

Thanks Ezra. So if i install the official 1.02.29 and then the custom firmware, it wont then be overwritten by 1.02.29 in a few weeks in an OTA upgrade will it?

If its going to get overwritten then i'll hang on a few weeks.

Also, is there a way to turn off the OTA upgrades?

So if i install the official 1.02.29 and then the custom firmware, it wont then be overwritten by 1.02.29 in a few weeks in an OTA upgrade will it? - Also, is there a way to turn off the OTA upgrades?

Both the official 1.02.29 and the CF 1.02.29_mod_2.12 overlay are displayed (on the TV) as simply 1.02.29 so an 1.02.29 OTA will not overwrite it, any Versions above 1.02.29 will overwrite it however. The CF does have a utility called Disable OTA to prevent this happening although any version above 1.02.29 will be months away, if it happens at all ! !

Back