Not Decrypting

Gary

I've got a new (ebay) HDR T2 and installed the custom software.

I thought I'd done everything I need to in order to get files auto-decrypting, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a quick checklist somewhere?

DNLA server (file sharing) is on
Auto-Unprotect installed

The OPT+ but on the webif gives an option to decrypt but recordings are not showing up from my other HDR T2 - it is just showing My Video as empty/

Have you set (recursive) Auto Decrypt on for the My Video folder
The OPT+ but on the webif gives an option to decrypt but recordings are not showing up from my other HDR T2 - it is just showing My Video as empty
Unless you start changing decryption keys you cant decrypt recording on another machine, how have you connected your other machine recording don't automatically appear across a network

Sorry I didn't explain it properly - the second machine just has the drive of the first machine mounted - I should be able to see the decrypted recordings.

Also I can't play the recordings on my PC either. I believe the webif should be showing them as decrypted too

Ok thanks - I've set recursive auto-decryption now. Will see if that does the trick.

I don't remember doing that on my old box - but then it was years ago when I set that up

Sorry I didn't explain it properly - the second machine just has the drive of the first machine mounted - I should be able to see the decrypted recordings.

Also I can't play the recordings on my PC either. I believe the webif should be showing them as decrypted too
Still not much clearer
By Mounted do you mean as a USB drive or something else?
If it is a USB drive the disk should appear, by default, in the media folder (parent of My Video) and not in My Video itself - does it?
It is possible to make it appear in My Video but that can mess up the disk sizings.

How are you accessing the recordings on the PC and what program are you attempting to view them with

How about a screen shot of webif to show what you are attempting to describe.

Thank you I have got that working now and I can play files on my PC from the Humax....however using network-shares-automount and mounting it on the other Humax I just see an empty folder.

Here is what I've setup :

humax# pwd

/mod/settings/smb/HUMAXHDR2

humax# ls

domain=Domain or Workgroup

folder=My Video

host=humaxhdr2

mac=ABABABABABAB (only needed for wakeUp)

password=Password

shareFolder=off

user=User

wakeConstantly?

wakeNow?

Yes thanks. It is sharing ok but just can't see any files. I used the hostname and put the IP in /etc/hosts

I wonder if it is something to do with the share being at the "My Video" level I have something in the back of my mind that this was a problem. I'll have a search through those links and see if I can find mention

I've fixed it !

The entry was missing from etc/hosts...even though I'm sure I put it in there. I've updated /mod/etc/hosts now so I think that will sort it

etc/hosts is not a writeable area of the file system.

However, thanks for the tip - I wasn't aware we could use anything other than an IP address in [ModSettings]. That said, you might as well have...

etc/hosts is not a writeable area of the file system.
Yes and no, look again..

Code:
humax# ls -l /etc/hosts
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Apr 19  2017 /etc/hosts -> ../tmp/hosts

/tmp/hosts is auto-generated at boot from the box's IP information, and then /mod/etc/hosts is appended if it exists.
You can force a refresh of the hosts file if necessary via /sbin/modinit setup_hosts

So I've got it all working but I've got a question about the decryption. I'm right that the box needs to "on" to decrypt? but that "on" would include it recording something on timer?

I had a 4 hour program recorded followed by another 4 hour program, but the first program was no decrypted even when the second program was almost finished which means it either wasn't decrypting it whilst recording the second program or it was taking more than 4 hours to do so.

Look in the auto.log - that will tell you when things happened (or were attempted).

WebIF >> Diagnostics >> View Log Files >> auto.log

Thanks - I'd say it isn't decrypting whilst recording (lots of messages like 15/03/2019 05:25:02 - DEFER - Cannot decrypt in standby - 1552627622).

So did I get that wrong and it has to be on to decrypt?

but that "on" would include it recording something on timer?
No, when it is recoding with a timer the box is only in half-awake state and the DLNA server is not active.
For decryption the box needs to be fully awake, Setting a repeating scheduled reminder is one way to wake the box up if you are not using it to watch TV or play recordings

Thank again. On my old box there is a "sleep" scheduled at 4AM every morning...but I can't see how that got added or how to add it on the new one

Back