Not detecting satellite cable

terryv

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but can't find any answer to this.
Humax foxsat HDR started failing to record, did factory reset now won't detect cables connected nor recognise any post code, same using known good installation finds 200 odd programs using manual tuning and records and replays ok. No signal on 11428 epg . Looking like a box fault but how if everything else works.

Last edited:
same using known good installation
What "known good installation"? Have you verified your dish and downlink using another satellite receiver on the same dish/LNB/cable, or was that with an entirely different setup? The recent bad weather could have knocked out your dish.

Exhibited the same problem connected to another dish which works fine with another Humax HDR, I have a Fortec Star which works ok epg and all.

Exhibited the same problem connected to another dish which works fine with another Humax HDR, I have a Fortec Star which works ok epg and all.
That doesn't mean the first dish must be OK unless another Foxsat works properly on it.

Will check transponder as suggested thanks although isn't this similar to 11428
Located north west Hampshire

OK no signal on humax at 11425 or 11428 and no signal on 11425 and 71% on 11428 on Fortec Star receiver all 100% quality

It's beginning to sound like your original diagnosis was correct then.
But what seems to be a bit strange is that there is no transponder @ 11428 in the 28.2E group. (Receiver AFC?)
It goes:
11385 V & H
11425 H (TRP & Freesat info)
11426 V
11464.25 H

Ref: Kings of Sat

Is it possible that the receiver is not switching voltages correctly?
Going to try to "acquire" another box to see if that works on my dish.

11428 isn't a supported frequency at 28.2E since the Eurobird satellite that had Home transponder was retired. It was moved to a UK spot beam transponder. And the original specified Eurobird settings still lock on the SES Astra UK spot beam. If the OP isn't in the UK then they may need a larger dish or it's simply not possible to receive it. Check something like BBC1-HD using non freesat mode.

11428 isn't a supported frequency at 28.2E since the Eurobird satellite that had Home transponder was retired. It was moved to a UK spot beam transponder. And the original specified Eurobird settings still lock on the SES Astra UK spot beam. If the OP isn't in the UK then they may need a larger dish or it's simply not possible to receive it. Check something like BBC1-HD using non freesat mode.

There was a 11428 H until the Eutelsat satellite 28A that carried it was retired. The home transponder was moved to Astra 2E and is now on a UK spot transponder. Those in Southern Europe will struggle to receive it.

Last edited:
North West Hampshire (Post#7) and I assume this is Hampshire UK rather than New Hampshire USA. :frantic:

Should be no issue. Next door gets 100% Signal and 100% quality on a MK4 Sky minidish on all UK spot beam transponder (West Midlands). My guess is dish alignment/skew needs adjusting. A list of what channels are received in non freesat would help. eg Horizontal vs Vertical

801QVC Beauty11493H

Is the nearest Freesat channel and 999 Freesat Info is actually on the home transponder on a G1 box

I don't think that OP has mentioned getting anything on non-Freesat mode.
@terryv Have you tried tuning anything in non-Freesat mode on the Foxsat?
OK no signal on humax at 11425 or 11428 and no signal on 11425 and 71% on 11428 on Fortec Star receiver all 100% quality
From this it seems like the dish alignment etc. is not far out.

I don't think that OP has mentioned getting anything on non-Freesat mode.
@terryv Have you tried tuning anything in non-Freesat mode on the Foxsat?
From this it seems like the dish alignment etc. is not far out.

71% signal is very low for the very high field strength UK spot beam transponders. Should be very easy to get 100% using the Foxsat-HDR. That's the sort of level you expect on a Foxsat-HDR on the much weaker Europe beam transponders. All mine are 100/100%.

Back