Not seeing recordings

A PC will not read the EXT3 formatted drive unless you install a EXT3 driver. You should be able to see the disk using the disk management tool but without the driver it won't appear in Windows Explorer.

http://www.ext2fsd.com/?page_id=16

The chances are the disk is OK. Others with the problem have checked the disk and found it to OK.

If disk is OK, what are my next steps with the Humax. (EaseUs saw the disk and 3 partitions, but as you say not seen on Windows Explorer)

You must have a unique box, the HDR1000/1010/1100S cannot record to an external disk. You can play back your own video content from it though. You must have thought you were recording to the usb drive when it was using the internal drive.

yes I am thinking that, excpept the external has recent recordings in TS format. Wierd.

yes; .ts; .IDX. .ts0; .HMI .PNG

to be honest you could be correct in assuming I was recording to the internal as the date of these is all quite old.
Interestingly I can only view these on the Humax (via recordings), not via PC with (eg VLC)

Seems the internal disk has stopped talking to the box. Is there a fix?

Downloaded the ext drivers, but windows explorer still doesn't see the drive. Disk management sees 3 partitions which are "healthy". Any suggestions?

We don't know yet. If you read the post I linked to. Humax think they have identified the problem and are testing the fix. They haven't said if it's a software fix or the box requires a hardware change.
thanks Graham. Doesn't seem to be a solution then for now. No real point in buying another Humax which will do the same, or is this limited to the 1000 and 1010s series?
Can't say it reflects well on Humax. In the car industry they would do a recall. Even Microsoft are not this bad!

If disk is OK, what are my next steps with the Humax. (EaseUs saw the disk and 3 partitions, but as you say not seen on Windows Explorer)
Run up a live linux distribution on your PC and fix it from there. Mint or Ubuntu are popular but there are an almost limitless number of choices.

Seems the internal disk has stopped talking to the box. Is there a fix?
As Graham says Humax have recently claimed to have progress with this problem and a fix MAY emerge. In the meantime you could try putting the disk back in the Humax and leaving the Humax disconnected from the mains overnight. In some cases the box can then see the hard drive.

you could try putting the disk back in the Humax and leaving the Humax disconnected from the mains overnight. In some cases the box can then see the hard drive.
And how exactly does that 'fix' it? Do the magic pixies come in and do things?

And how exactly does that 'fix' it?
It is widely reported to work in some cases but no I don't understand the problem and certainly couldn't offer a technical explanation. The fact that Humax have reportedly been investigating for some time might suggest the problem isn't trivial.

Humax have now identified the problem as being a hardware issue (they haven't disclosed the exact details of the problem). They will offer a cut price repair to owners of affected boxes at a price reported to be £26.50. Users should ring up Humax technical support for more details.

Back