Not seeing recordings

You cannot record to an external hard disk from any of the models listed in the thread title. Not sure why you think you can. Not aware of any twin tuner pvr from any maker that can do this. Humax does have a single tuner model that can record to an external usb hard disk (HB-1000S).

I must have the HB then, but the screen does not say that.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/me/pvr.php

I did make it clear at the top of my post that this was an external drive. SO what do I do, repost to the HB-10000s forum?

How to Enable the Recording Function

You can record programmes when you connect the external hard disk drive.

Rear of the receiver

ext_pvr1.jpg

1. Connect the external hard disk drive to the USB port.
The message asking to format the hard disk drive for recording is automatically displayed.
ext_pvr2.jpg
2. Select Yes and press the OK button.
Formatting may take several minutes depending on the size of the hard disk drive.
3. Go to MENU > Settings > System >Data Storage >
Select the HDD for PVR
You can record a programme to the external hard disk drive

That's weird. The 'R' in HDR stands for "recorder" (Humax devices with no internal drive are "HD-" or "HB-"). Never mind what it claims in the system info, what does it say on the front of the box? Maybe you have a HB-1000S.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/
Since then I have factory reset which seems to male no difference. The pairing has been dropped. Still can't record.

Strange; nothing on the front. ON the back it says HDR ...... 1TB, but I have never seen am internal drive. Also when I go to storage it says connect an external HDD to the USB port and you will be able to record.

Looks like I had bought a dud if there is no internal disk there.

SO what do I do, repost to the HB-10000s forum?
If we can identify exactly what you have, the discussion thread can be moved to the relevant section. Which one of the pictures (in the link I posted) looks like yours?

Unfortunately, most of the discussion so far has been rendered irrelevant. The irritation has been caused by the misunderstanding of what you are talking about - the forum section is regarded as the primary indicator of context.

By the way: as far as I know no model of Humax that is normally fitted with an internal HDD offers an option to record to an external HDD. If you are the only member of the forum to own whatever it is that you have, the advice available from other members is going to be limited.

Can you not just post some pictures? The model label no. especially.
A picture is worth a thousand words, as I'm sure you know.

Okay, so have you ever looked inside to see whether it is fitted with a HDD?

Yes, pictures would be good.

I think that once it has been established exactly which box you have, then the experts will be able to assist more with less confusion.
As said above, the HDR- has internal disk and the HD- does not, so if you do not have an internal disk, you have the HD- and not the HDR-./
Also, there's no need to shout just because people are a bit confused by your apparently slightly ambiguous information. People are just trying to help and if they ask the same question a couple of times, just answer them again.;)
It doesn't really matter which forum as long as you correctly identify the box that you are talking about.

Last edited:
THere is no internal drive. So I imagine this is the wrong forum...? The system info says HDR 1000/1010s. I am no expert in this.

HDR stands for High Definition recorder. It most certainly should have a hard disk inside it, how could it record anything without it. Seems you have the problem of the hard disk not being recognised.

Can you not just post some pictures? The model label no. especially.
A picture is worth a thousand words, as I'm sure you know.
sorry guys; I just opened it up, and behold an internal seagate 1000GB disk. I didn't know it was there and have been using external for 3 years!
Connected to PC no response so its dead and maybe the source of the problem I don't recall ever seeing it on set ups.
Anyway new one ordered and on its way.

I will let you know.
Thank you for your time and help, and sorry to waste your time.

Not really a waste of time. At least we have now established what you have got, and with any luck, the replacement disk will get you up and running OK. :)It's still a bit of a mystery about recording to an external disk though.:eek:

Not really a waste of time. At least we have now established what you have got, and with any luck, the replacement disk will get you up and running OK. :)It's still a bit of a mystery about recording to an external disk though.:eek:
thanks Trev for your generous view on this. I don't understand why I never realised there was an internal disk - or knew what I was buying! I will update on progress with new Disk tomorrow.

thanks again.

Since then I have factory reset which seems to male no difference. The pairing has been dropped. Still can't record.

Strange; nothing on the front. ON the back it says HDR ...... 1TB, but I have never seen am internal drive. Also when I go to storage it says connect an external HDD to the USB port and you will be able to record.

Looks like I had bought a dud if there is no internal disk there.

That is an error message that comes up when the box loses contact with the internal hard disk. It's thought to be a redundant bit of code from the HB1000S firmware. Only way to see the hard disk is remove the top (case screws are hidden under the stick on feet).

First time no spin. Second yes. I then used EaseUs partition manager to look at it, it says it is full of lost data.
Tried putting it back in Humax. The factory reset (does this really do anything). still can't see the drive and no recording.
THought new drive a worthwhile venture.

Btw have rescued all the old data using EaseUs.

Is it worth trying an external format? If so how do I format .ext?

(maybe it is only dead to the Humax?)

thanks.

sorry guys; I just opened it up, and behold an internal seagate 1000GB disk. I didn't know it was there and have been using external for 3 years!
Connected to PC no response so its dead and maybe the source of the problem I don't recall ever seeing it on set ups.

I will let you know.

A PC will not read the EXT3 formatted drive unless you install a EXT3 driver. You should be able to see the disk using the disk management tool but without the driver it won't appear in Windows Explorer.

http://www.ext2fsd.com/?page_id=16

The chances are the disk is OK. Others with the problem have checked the disk and found it to OK.

That is an error message that comes up when the box loses contact with the internal hard disk. It's thought to be a redundant bit of code from the HB1000S firmware. Only way to see the hard disk is remove the top (case screws are hidden under the stick on feet).
How can I get the contact back again, or is this a hardware repair?

I will let you know.

You must have a unique box, the HDR1000/1010/1100S cannot record to an external disk. You can play back your own video content from it though. You must have thought you were recording to the usb drive when it was using the internal drive.

Back