nts file query - newbie

Devaprem

Hi. I've just managed to successfully copy some files from my HDR-Fox T2 to a second drive using bootHDRmode. However, I see these are .nts files and not .ts files. Does anyone what I can use to transcode these to a viewable format in VLC or some other media player?

Are you aware that bootHDRmode is intended for use on HD-Fox not HDR-Fox.
You can copy Standard Definition files off without the need for mods to the HDR-Fox. You should then be able to play the .ts files in vlc and ignite the others.
High Definition recordings are a different thing entirely and would need further work on the HDR-Fox.

Loading the Custom Firmware would be a good start.

EDIT: you might find http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Encryption interesting. This applies to HDR-Fox only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi. I've just managed to successfully copy some files from my HDR-Fox T2 to a second drive using bootHDRmode. However, I see these are .nts files and not .ts files. Does anyone what I can use to transcode these to a viewable format in VLC or some other media player?
.nts files are very small files that accompany a .ts recording to provide additional metadata, they do not contain any video. The full set is .ts, .hmt, .nts, .thm - only the .ts file contains video, and is much larger than the others.

Please confirm whether you have an HD-FOX or an HDR-FOX before we can provide appropriate guidance.

Meanwhile, you will find a great deal of information in general here: Things Every... (click)

Thanks, Harvey and Black Hole, for your replies. My apologies! I should have said I have the HD-FOX, not the HDR-Fox. My typo :-(
Thanks also, Black Hole, for clarifying what nts files are. I will re-try starting the machine in bootHDR mode and do another test file copy. If I hit more problems or have other questions, I'll post a new thread

Back