Beta Nugget-assisted recording list

Status
Not open for further replies.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I was further along with this than I remembered so there is now a new version of the nugget package in the beta repository which adds a couple of new commands (reboot required):

nugget recordings - shows the recordings that are currently in progress (this includes the TSR buffer if it is active)
nugget recordings -p - shows all recording slots along with the status; may include recordings which have finished.
nugget tuners.dump - some information from the tuner data structures
nugget tuners.dump -h - as above plus a hexdump.

Code:
humax# nugget recordings -p
2:/mnt/hd2/Tsr/0
1:/mnt/hd2/My Video/Toy Story_20181219_1613
1:/mnt/hd2/My Video/Grizzy and the Lemmings_20181219_1614
In this, status 2 seems to mean active and 1 means idle. Without the -p option, recordings just lists those with status = 2.
There may be other status numbers that show up for playback, decryption, etc.

If this information turns out to be consistently good, then the next step is to update the status display to use it in preference to redring data and trying to work out if files are growing or not.

Please give it a try and throw some interesting test cases at it, thanks.

Last edited:
Test 1: HD Fox, copy to (2nd) external USB (drive3):
status shows Playing twice :( :
Code:
Playing drive3/lost+found/8 Simple Rules_20180814_1700
Playing drive1/HDR/My Video/8 Simple Rules/8 Simple Rules_20180814_1700
nugget recordings -p doesn't show the file:
Code:
2:/media/drive1/.tsr/0
1:
1:
Good.

Thanks, you just beat me to it, but I've put that version in the test system.

Test 1 still shows:
Code:
humax# status
Playing drive3/lost+found/8 Simple Rules_20180814_1700
Playing drive1/HDR/My Video/8 Simple Rules/8 Simple Rules_20180814_1700
Idle: 00:00:10
humax# ls -al `which status`
-rwx------    1 root     root          8179 Dec 21 01:18 /mod/bin/status
humax#
After Xmas I'll be back with an HDR which allows more test cases.

I put the new Nugget on all my machines yesterday and the HD has crashed already (or at least dropped off the network). This may be a coincidence, but the HD never ever ever crashes...
Can't look at it now as I'm remote until Monday.

I'm not sure if I have a beta nugget issue, a beta webif issue or a configuration issue. I'm posting here as there could be an incompatibility issue between the betas for webif and nugget.

Since installing beta webif 1.4.4.3, and beta nugget 0.99, a few days ago, the HDR has crashed 27 times, which is more times than it has crashed in the altogether in the previous 7 years.
The recent crashes all have occurred when the webif is being used and can be triggered in 2 similar ways. In both methods, so far, the HDR is either recording, playing back, or has detectads running, but I'm guessing that there are other alternative pre-requisites but generally they don't last for as long.
The final trigger is either:
(a) (if the setting for 'Slide-down toolbar?' is set to 'YES'), move the mouse's pointer to try to activate the slide-down toolbar
or
(b) (if the setting for 'Slide-down toolbar?' is set to 'NO'), click on the webif header to try and display the various webif options.

The webif header also looks slightly different to what it looked like before the recent crashes started. It is missing the 'Idle:' time.
1548456475648.png

I have rebooted from cold, executed fix-flash-packages, and rebooted from cold again ,a couple of times without any reduction of the crashes.

What next?
Is any one else's with webif 1.4.4.3 missing the 'Idle:' time.

Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.02.20 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)

I've only tested the new nugget on 1.03.12 so it could be that I have miscalculated an address for 1.02.20 somewhere - it relies on direct memory access to retrieve things. I'll publish an updated webif package shortly with a flag to turn off this new behaviour as a workaround for you, until I can double check the memory settings.

If you upgrade to webif 1.4.4.4-4 and run touch /mod/.nonuggetrecs from the CLI, that will hopefully stop your crashes.

If you upgrade to webif 1.4.4.4-4 and run touch /mod/.nonuggetrecs from the CLI, that will hopefully stop your crashes.
Yes. Crashes now ceased. Thank-you, it saves me having to remember to use my own shortcuts.

@Luke - I've just uploaded an updated version of nugget which should fix your crash problems. There was an error in the tuner structure address for the HDR/1.02.20 case.

Please can you try updating to nugget 0.99-1, restart and remove the temporary flag file with rm /mod/.nonuggetrecs?

Thanks and sorry for the problem - I wasn't off by much, honest.

Diff:
-        .tuner = 0x151088,
+        .tuner = 0x1251088,

and a good example of why some packages disable themselves on a crash...

@Luke - I've just uploaded an updated version of nugget which should fix your crash problems. There was an error in the tuner structure address for the HDR/1.02.20 case.

Please can you try updating to nugget 0.99-1, restart and remove the temporary flag file with rm /mod/.nonuggetrecs?
Thanks. Done, and no repeat of the crashes.

On the HDR I see a file /tmp/.vfd which is generated by redring, replicating the text of the VFD display.

Is it possible to nuggetize that as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back