occasional corrupt recording

bottletop

I get occasional corrupt recordings and wonder if it may be due to a fault with my aerial as it happens to either HDR I feed from the one aerial.
It usually allows me to playback a corrupt recording. The HDR doesn't show a thumbnail - but this corrupt thumbnail image instead. Video_Failed_New.pngI get a warning message when I try to play the recording - 'Recording failed:loss of power. Do you want to play this file?' . This message only appears on the first playback attempt. It often behaves fine after that - which suggest the fault was not fatal. As I can playback the recording I'm not too worried - ie in these cases it's a minor occasional fault.

But, a recent one was a genuine failed recording. It stopped halfway through - NCIS: Los Angeles (35 - Pick) Fri Nov 19 20:00:03 2021 GMT. I wonder if anyone else recorded that last Friday. If so, did it complete ok without issue? (Also WebIF/browse/Media Details shows it as Scrambled/Unknown.)
So is it likely to be an aerial fault or an issue with the HDR?

Oh it looks like that HDR had crashed - so that should explain it
Code:
Humax crashed at Fri Nov 19 20:23:57 UTC 2021 - Uptime: 51760

I get occasional corrupt recordings and wonder if it may be due to a fault with my aerial as it happens to either HDR I feed from the one aerial.
It usually allows me to playback a corrupt recording. The HDR doesn't show a thumbnail - but this corrupt thumbnail image instead.
Video_Failed_New.png
I get a warning message when I try to play the recording - 'Recording failed:loss of power. Do you want to play this file?' . This message only appears on the first playback attempt. It often behaves fine after that - which suggest the fault was not fatal.
IIRC loss of signal has its own fault code, separate from loss of power. Yes, they only alert the user on first attempt to play.

I thought I read in this forum that a crash erases some crash logs. Misunderstood.

Does the number after uptime mean anything? what?

I thought I read in this forum that a crash erases some crash logs. Misunderstood.

Does the number after uptime mean anything? what?
Not all fatal problems cause a crash.log entry

Some logs like webif-error.log are overwritten by reboot

Seconds since boot time

Just to comment that I was worried that I had aerial issue. This was because both HDRs had corrupt recordings within a 6 hour window, but it looks like it was just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Back