Occasionally missing as network drive

wiab4355

Sorry about the title; it's difficult to describe.

ANYWAY, I use my upstairs T2 to record radio shows which I then convert to mp3s using a converter I've used for years. After I've decrypted the relevant show, I open my audio converter and put it to work, but sometimes it doesn't show my upstairs T2 as available, only my downstairs one! When this happens I just use Filezilla to d/l to my laptop and carry on, but I'd much rather the converter program can just find the file I need and convert it.

Sorry about all the guff for something which I'm sure will be easy-peasy to you Yodas out there!

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure Samba is enabled, but it seems to be flaky. Sometimes the upstairs T2 will show up as a network drive, and sometimes the downstairs one will. There doesn't seem to be any clear reason for this. Both show up on Filezilla no problem, although I can't seem to transfer anything directly between the two; it always has to be via my laptop!

Both show up on Filezilla no problem, although I can't seem to transfer anything directly between the two; it always has to be via my laptop!
By FTP? You won't. To do that the FTP server has to support FXP.

I'm pretty sure Samba is enabled, but it seems to be flaky. Sometimes the upstairs T2 will show up as a network drive, and sometimes the downstairs one will.
Two of my HDRs always show up on the network, but one never does. I have not got around to finding out why.

On my Windows PCs, under network in Explorer, I sometimes see both of my HDRs (SMB shares), sometimes I see one, sometimes I see none. Very rarely, this has been due to one of the units crashing. Almost always, even if I can't see a share in Windows, I can see it on my Android tablet with ES file explorer, for example. I have often had to use the tablet to mediate a file transfer to a Windows because of this. I have put this down to flaky Windows network handling, but this could just be unfounded prejudice on my part. Stopping and starting the Samba service through Web-If does not help. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Samba package through Web-If package management sometimes refreshes the connection and makes the share appear in Windows, but this is not 100%. I don't know if anything can be done at the custom firmware end to improve this?

Mods: should this thread be in the CF section?

I've always found that The 'Map network drive' option in the Explorer, Tools menu always connects even if the samba share has not yet appeared in the Network view.

Back