Odd behaviour

surefire

My Humax HDR Fox T2 has been very reliable for quite a while now which I'm really pleased about. However over the last couple of days, for no apparent reason and completely randomly, the web interface appears on the TV screen to which it is connected!

I've never accessed the web interface on anything other than a PC or mobile device connected to the same network from a web page by typing in the Humax IP address. Could anyone shed any light on why or how this could happen. Or have I missed something completely obvious?

Thanks.

the web interface appears on the TV screen to which it is connected!
The only way that could be technically possible is if the TV is acting as a web browser, or if the TV Portal built-in web browser has been persuaded to render the web interface. The latter is only going to happen if you've been playing around through the CF (and then it's difficult to give input and make it do anything), and the former only if the TV is on its smart functions rather than displaying an HDMI feed.

The next time it happens I'll pull out the network cable to the TV and disable its WiFi. That should indicate where the web interface is coming from. Stay tuned for further updates.

Are there TVs that can mirror or cast what is on a mobile device?
Yes, ours does.
But as far as I know it requires the app on the phone and TV to have the necessary 'feature'. I don't think you can cast any old screen you want. I've only used YouTube but some months ago I wanted to cast something else but couldn't get it to (no, I don't remember what it was now).

I'd never have believed the original poster, but it happens to me too.
Very simple
  • Turn on TV & PVR
  • Press the "TV Portal" button....
  • There it is! The TV portal is now displaying the Humax's built-in homepage.
WefIF on TV_.JPG

Thanks chaps. Its possible that someone pressed the TV portal button. I'll have to see if it happens in the future.

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure that I saw this once with some half-baked installation but if I got to the bottom of it I don't remember what the answer was.

Back