Odd recording behaviour on Channel 4HD

MontysEvilTwin

Last night I had timer recordings (AR) set up for Marvel's Agents of Shield (C4 HD, 8-9pm), HIGNFY (BBC1 HD, 9-9.30pm) and Lewis (ITV HD, 9-10pm). The HIGNFY recording failed due to a 'conflict with a higher priority recording'. Marvel's Agents of Shield started recording correctly within a minute or so of the scheduled start time, but for some reason the recording was 98 minutes long, so included two thirds of Gogglebox. Is this most likely a problem with the AR signals sent from the broadcaster?

Looks like it - I got a 98 minute recording too. Didn't cause any conflict in my case so I hadn't noticed until I checked just now. Dover transmitter, if that's relevant.

This was on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter. It looks like it was a broadcaster error then. I wonder what happened to people recording Gogglebox?

Yes, we got 98 mins of it as well. C4 cock-up I imagine.
Fortunately we record the 'More' version of HIGNFY early next week, so didn't have any conflict.
I guess people who wanted Gogglebox and not Agents .. will be annoyed though :confused:

My Gogglebox on 7th November gave me a 'failed to track' error and didn't record. I'm on Rowridge :(

Luckily my faithful old Toppy recorded it upstairs ok :)

Nothing so complicated on my Toppy, just pre/post padding and accurate bookmark Tap to start the program at the beginning of the programme. Sometimes the simpler things are better...
... until the programme runs later than the post padding ...

So... does the Topfield recording have an AR bookmark set? This should diagnose whether the Humax failed to record because of a missing AR flag.

Things Every... (click) section 3.

There was no accurate bookmark at the beginning, but 42 minutes in. I have 2 mins pre padding and 6 mins post padding and I got the whole of the programme.
The programme started about two mins into the recording.

Back