• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Off on Hols

I'm off to sunny Cyprus for a (I think) well-deserved break. I am sure my HDR and HD will work perfectly whilst I'm away except for the 17th.

Martin

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Why do you think they won't work on the 17th? As a regular contributor here I'm sure you've taken relevant measures!

Why do you think they won't work on the 17th? As a regular contributor here I'm sure you've taken relevant measures!
I know the oxford transmitter is getting a channel change on the 17th, it is the one carrying ITV3 et al mux, so anything set up on that mux won't record after the 17th ...

Ezra Pound

Any channel that physically moves radio frequency will be lost without a re-tune, however the Main changes on Oct. 17th. will only move channel number NOT frequency and should still record without re-tune. The main problem is that the current Humax firmware will force a re-tune if unattended if it isn't prevented with Custom Firmware Disable-DSO

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
...or standard firmware 1.02.20 (my preferred solution, because it is still theoretically possible for a retune to sneak in, even with disable-dso).

Well, back from a relaxing and sunny holiday and looking forward to the next holiday. Oh the joys of retirement :) .

As for the relevant measures those were sorted out a long time ago. Oh you mean the re-tune! Well that's an interesting story.

Returned home at 1200 on 18th. Both HDR and HD had not re-tuned even though they are just using v28 and no attempt to stop the software search at night. The Timer lists were intact. The HDR had recorded Doctors (1349-1418) on 17th on channel 50. The HD had recorded Watchdog on Channel 1 at 1957 on 17th. My Tvonics had retuned itself. (Will have to manually retune to remove duplicate channels.)

On the 18th, when switched on both hummys they gave the Now/Later retune message. The HD was left and started an auto retune. The "Later" option on the HDR was selected a number of times (it kept re-appearing) until the Doctors recording on Channel 50 was finished and then it was switched off. A couple of hours later, when I had time, I manually retuned the HDR and HD.

Now to catch up with the Forums.

Martin

Trev

The Dumb One
Which channels have they screwed with this time to save me wading through them. Some of my stuff retunes auto and some does not?