Official Software Updates - or lack thereof

MontysEvilTwin

uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk said:
Dear

Thank you for contacting Humax Support and sorry for the delay.

There are no plans to introduce any new software updates at the moment on any models. However that may change in the future. Also with regards to Youtube crashing, that is a fault with Youtube which we are working with them to get that issue resolved.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

24/10/2013 16:50 - wrote:
Hi, I have e-mailed before about a software update for the HDR Fox T2. Reading the My Humax forum suggests that version 1.03.06 is not now going to be released, but a later version may be released at some point. Is this an accurate view of the situation? Will there also be an update for the HD-Fox T2? It would be nice to get the new BBC iPlayer, and it would be nice to use YouTube on the HD again without it crashing.

Regards,
Oh dear, they said they were going to post an update 'in a week or so' several months ago; what now there are no plans to update? :( As it seems that YouTube works fine with 1.03.06, why blame YouTube?

YouTube is now working (or at least is was when I tried it a few days ago) on version 1.02.32 for the HDR. Also Barry has hinted that a newer version than 1.03.06 is being tested, so it maybe that your E-mail from Humax isn't quite as gloomy as it sounds

Its not too bad for the HDR as we have the unofficial software anyway, but the HD is stuck on 1.02.29 and has not been updated for over a year. How long was it after they stopped selling previous models that they continued to update?

To add to the above, since the wiki says that 1.02.32 does not offer youtube.
The pre loaded 1.02.32 that i received with my grade A return T2-HD that i bought from humax works alright with youtube.
What i have been unable to do is play 1080p but that appears to be a common problem these days due to youtube having implemented that using some
html 5 function.

Apologies, the text i was thinking about is not strictly part of the wiki but instead, part of the sticky posts on the HD and HDR
what everybody should know

The wiki does not mention the media portal functionality and youtube, at least not as far as I can see.
It also does not link to release notes for the firmware version only a link to the actual firmware with some comments in some cases on bugs?

so you are right, the wiki is correct.

btw , not to highjack this thread, what are the media portal "apps" called if I want to search for that on the forum? Doesn't look like there is much software updates in that area either.. and searching for mediaportal gives zilch

Apologies, the text i was thinking about is not strictly part of the wiki but instead, part of the sticky posts on the HD and HDR
what everybody should know
I don't think so!
1.02.32 is reported to have better control over the automatic tuning process, being more careful to select the appropriate multiplexes. Although available for download for HDR-FOX, 1.02.32 has never been made available by OTA or for HD-FOX. HD-FOX has been supplied with 1.02.32 pre-installed by Humax.
Nothing about YouTube at all.

1.03.06 is being supplied fitted to HDR-FOX, but has not yet been seen as download or OTA. The YouTube player available through the TV Portal now seems to work only with 1.03.06, leaving HD-FOX owners and existing HDR-FOX owners with previous firmware out in the cold (if you want YouTube).
my bold

The wiki does not mention the media portal functionality and youtube, at least not as far as I can see.?

The Wiki has a page that details what was available for the Custom Firmware TV Portal HERE, however the current 'App.' based Humax TV portal is not supported by the Custom Firmware version of the TV portal, so the 'App' stuff is not detailed. A new Custom Firmware TV portal is in development and when it is released the details of it will be on the Wiki

1.03.06 is being supplied fitted to HDR-FOX, but has not yet been seen as download or OTA. The YouTube player available through the TV Portal now seems to work only with 1.03.06, leaving HD-FOX owners and existing HDR-FOX owners with previous firmware out in the cold (if you want YouTube).
my bold
Where did that quote come from? Google points to Things Every HD-FOX T2/HDR-FOX T2 Owner Should Know but I can't see it on there today. Has it change in the last few hours?

I use 1.02.20 versions on my HD-FOX and HDR-FOX without Youtube issues.

Where did that quote come from? Google points to Things Every HD-FOX T2/HDR-FOX T2 Owner Should Know but I can't see it on there today. Has it change in the last few hours?
Yes, it has been changed today.

Edit: The version history for 1.02.20 also needs changing, as it incorrectly states that "1.02.20 is no longer available for download from the Humax beta site". It still is available on the Humax beta site.

Yes, it has been changed today.
Quite right, I corrected it as soon as I was notified.

The version history for 1.02.20 also needs changing, as it incorrectly states that "1.02.20 is no longer available for download from the Humax beta site". It still is available on the Humax beta site.
Fair enough, but it must have been removed at some point.

Fair enough, but it must have been removed at some point.
It has always been available as far as I am aware. Incidentally, my latest new HDR-FOX T2 (purchased from Maplin) came with firmware 1.01.04, which I seem to recall was the original release firmware.:)

Back