Beta Offline decryption utility

a quick explanation how that helps
That's his way of setting up "turned on time" for catching up on processing without it interfering with anything else. Red Button has no audio and does not cause extra disk activity buffering to the TSR.

I simply leave my machines running 24/7, which may have longevity benefits. I switch them to Red Button when idle.

So setting to 601 ? Doesn’t it cause processing when they show programs on there ?

My wake up is currently bbc 1, will look into how I schedule more on red button :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So setting to 601 ? Doesn’t it cause processing when they show programs on there ?

My wake up is currently bbc 1, will look into how I schedule more on red button :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You want to set the reminder to channel 250. This is a red button data channel so you just get a static backdrop on screen, and no writing to the timeshift buffer.

Sorry to ask a stupid question but when I download Stripts for MacOSX it had a .dms extension added. Cant get the program to run no matter what extension I add, what am I doing wrong? Thank you!

Last edited:
Sorry to ask a stupid question but when I download Stripts for MacOSX it had a .dms extension added. Cant get the program to run no matter what extension I add, what am I doing wrong? Thank you!

From where are you getting it?

Neither of the three links in the first post of this thread have any extension. You should be grabbing:

https://hpkg.tv/misc/stripts-macosx

which will result in:

Code:
$ file stripts-macosx
stripts-macosx: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64
$ shasum stripts-macosx
14efa72893f219ea42739c656344586c0fbd19c1  stripts-macosx

If you're getting an extension, perhaps something en route is adding it; are you using a web proxy?

Thank you for replying.
So found the same link too! Downloaded through Chrome and it doesn't add the extension thankfully but double clicking the downloaded file opens it in TextEdit rather than running it as an application????
Am I still being a complete idiot?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know - are you? I would expect any software to require installing from a download rather than just trying to execute it. If Mac has a right-click (or alt-click?), what does the context menu offer you (rather than just diving in for the default action with a double click)? -ix type OSes detect file type from the file itself rather than looking at file extensions (the dot-something means nothing to -ix, even if it is the determining factor in Win). Also, even if the file is an executable, you still need to make it executable in the permissions.

My guess is the file is a package (maybe compressed) which includes some instructions!

Heh, all you youngsters growing up with GUI-based Operating Systems, I dunno… :)

The file that is downloaded is not a MacOS "Application", in the sense that you expect. These are often packaged inside DMG disk images, and the resulting Application is in fact a directory containing the executable binary plus a lot of support files. All this is hidden from you and you see just an icon on the desktop.

In this case, the file that's been downloaded is a plain MacOS executable binary, which needs to be executed from the cmdline, i.e. from a Terminal application.

I'm not why why the Finder defaults to associating the Text Editor app with files that do not have an extension; better than nothing, perhaps?

Instructions for how to run it (implicitly implied from a Terminal window) are in the first post.

The Browse Opt+ while you wait Decryption option does not report an error if you use hardware accelerated decryption with the wrong custom key set.

Both the queued decryption methods do report an error if the key is incorrect

For anyone running Windows 10 64 bit who wants to run stripts-linux, another alternative is to install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (see HERE for the steps). You can then run stripts-linux directly from a window on your PC as shown below (using Ubuntu). You can access your local drives/filesystem as /mnt/X (where X = the drive letter), i.e. ls /mnt/c

Interesting, in the past I have use Virtual Box for cross compiling stuff that I couldn't build directly on the Humax, this my be an easier alternative.

Hi,
I'd like to try building stripts for Windows using Cygwin.
I tried to download the source from the hpkg.tv -> packages page but can't find it. I get a list of source tarballs but stripts/shrink is not there.
Please can anyone help?
Thanks.

I'd like to try building stripts for Windows using Cygwin.
Are you not aware of the native Windows solution?:

Back