Beta Offline decryption utility

New webif, stripts & nugget in the beta repo now. Will finish glueing it all together over the weekend.
Oh, and nugget cryptokey currently only works on HDR with 1.03.12 - I need to find the right addresses for the other models and versions.

Anything we can do?
nugget 0.98-1 should have the addresses in it now, so testing nugget cryptokey on various versions on both HDR & HD would be useful.. just make sure it looks like the right key.
I've tested HDR/1.03.12 and HD/1.03.02

I have queued my existing HD-FOX recordings for decryption prior to fiddling with the key, but the queue lists every item as "pending". Is there a problem, or is there something I need to do to kick it into life?

I think I read there are brute-force key searchers available on line. Give it a sample cyphertext and plaintext and sit back...

And the optimisation for a repeated key is definitely worth doing:

Before:
Code:
humax# stripts -d1 -@@ Ambulance_20180426_2123 l
SD recording.
Encrypted: 1
+ Total size: 59125760
00000000: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08  ................
Key appears correct.
Processed in: 72.30s
After:
Code:
humax# stripts -d1 -@@ Ambulance_20180426_2123 l
SD recording.
Encrypted: 1
+ Total size: 59125760
00000000: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08  ................
DES key detected.
Key appears correct.
Processed in: 29.86s
I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, but the latest version of stripts does not work like the examples above. Even if you have changed the encryption key with nugget, stripts still uses the unit's original key by default. To get it to decrypt a recording made with a modified key, you have to replace the second '@' symbol with the new key.

Interesting that DES has some weak keys which, as I read it, will make the encryption and decryption algorithms produce the same result.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_key#Weak_keys_in_DES
I think that using weak or semi-weak keys has the same effect as making key 1 = key 2, i.e. it reduces triple DES to DES. It is a shame that the units can't be coerced to carrying out even numbers of decryption passes: double or quadruple DES would produce unencrypted output if you made key 1 = key 2, or used weak keys. That is probably why no one uses double our quadruple DES.

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature
Just not finished yet.. stripts will read the key from /mod/boot/cryptokey if that file exists (as does nugget at system boot), the web interface part to maintain that file is not yet done.

I have queued my existing HD-FOX recordings for decryption prior to fiddling with the key, but the queue lists every item as "pending". Is there a problem, or is there something I need to do to kick it into life?
Bump. 14 hours later, still just "pending". Is the "queue for decryption" operation supposed to be working for HD-FOX with the betas installed and up to date?

Bump. 14 hours later, still just "pending". Is the "queue for decryption" operation supposed to be working for HD-FOX with the betas installed and up to date?
Yes, I think it should.. not in a position to test just now.
Does your cron file have both auto lines in?
Code:
* * * * * /mod/webif/lib/auto/scan >/dev/null 2>&1
* * * * * /mod/webif/lib/auto/deq >/dev/null 2>&1

auto.log is completely empty. I guess that means something isn't working and hasn't been ever!
I have no experience of HD machine so no real ideas.
Is Auto enabled on settings menu?
Turn on debugging logging - it should be pretty noisy even when doing not much

I've turned it up.

Is the queue system part of the auto-processing? Manually queued tasks don't need to be scanned for.

Back