Offline install of webif and other packages

Configuring auto-unprotect.
Collected errors:
* resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /mod/etc/anacrontab is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /mod/etc/anacrontab-opkg.
Finished installation...

So, is this something to be concerned about?
A configuration file is different to the one currently installed. I would use the command line and use diff eg
diff /mod/etc/anacrontab /mod/etc/anacrontab-opkg

to find out what is different.

This error did not occur on the first install of web-if, but it did occur on the second install of web-if ,and then again on the install of auto-unprotect.

What about all the other errors, for example:

...Can't open /var/run/atd.pid to signal atd. No atd running?
.../mod//var/spool/cron/crontabs/root: No such file or directory
...Error: error loading extension "/mod/lib/jim/xconv.so"

I don't know anything about this system, so looking at why anacrontab-opkg is changed on every install is not going to help me. Sounds like a red herring, maybe a different date-time-stamp? What about the missing xconv.so ?

I was thinking that if at minimum web-if is installed on an absolutely clean machine, there would not be errors... or that someone knows that they are irrelevant?...or that something is missing.

The other machine (with the swapped motherboard) had these packages installed online, and there are no errors in the logs I saved from the dialog window.

...Can't open /var/run/atd.pid to signal atd. No atd running?
I already identified that bug. It's due to be fixed in the next version of WebIf.
.../mod//var/spool/cron/crontabs/root: No such file or directory
That's benign. It's just due to a lack of error checking.
...Error: error loading extension "/mod/lib/jim/xconv.so"
That one's a bit weird. The jim-xconv and libxconv packages are included in the bundle, so I don't know why you get the errors.

Well,

The general and disk diagnostics all look OK.
The USB stick to load packages was a 16GB Freecom plugged in while the box was on normally.
The PVR is the type with horizontal rear aerial sockets, 500GB, factory seal still intact, immaculate condition...

... except the usual double jump problem all the second-hand worn out remote controls I received have had.

This is because the thin pivot pins of the central wheel sink into the rubber button mat. When the arrow is first pushed down, a signal is transmitted. Push further and one of the arrows either side also makes contact- two arrows down means transmission is stopped. As you release you get another on/off signal. You can see all this going on by the "PVR" light on the top left of the remote. I've attached a couple of photos of the fix I do. Add halves of soft gel feet for the wheel to pivot over. The "display" department at B&Q had the ones in the pictures which were just the right height. The control wheel feels tougher but the problem is gone. :)

P1000620.JPG P1010648.JPG

Last edited:
OK, I've tidied up the text, as it wasn't initially intended for reference.
If anyone wants to copy and paste it proper into the wiki/reference, then please do.

Couldn't you just open a topic in the HDR-FOX section, and move the relevant content (leaving a link behind)? That way, it's appropriately classified, properly credited, and easy to cross-reference.

Back