Ok To Move Series-Recording Created Folders?

enz01

Sorry if this is a basic question but I'm still trying to move from a Toppy-centric world and I couldn't find an answer for this anywhere. I understand that when Series-recording, the HDR-T2 auto-creates a new folder in the root of the media list, for those recordings. Using standard firmware, if I then move that 'Series folder' to a folder which I have manually created (eg SciFi, Action etc) will that break recording of future episodes or will the Series recording timer recognise that the folder has moved and place the new recordings correctly?

Thanks

You won't break anything but any new recordings will recreate the folder at the top level.

Oh well, I guess that just means a bit more effort to keep things tidy! Presumably, the best approach is, once the Series folder has been initially auto-created, copy it to whatever folder you want to store it in and then move future recordings for that series from the top level folder into the original Series folder, wherever you've stored it.

Is this is one of the things that the custom firmware makes a bit easier?

Is this is one of the things that the custom firmware makes a bit easier?
It makes it slightly easier in the sense that you can setup a different series name. For example the Formula 1 series by default gets named after the first race "F1 Australian Grand Prix" so that could be renamed to F1 and all future races will end up in that directory.

However, it will not save them under a sub-folder e.g "Motor-Racing/Formula 1" since the '/' gets converted to '_' by the Humax firmware.

The custom firmware seriesfiler package handles this. If you relocate the top level folder after the first recording then it will automatically move future recordings to the same place once they are finished. That still works if you change the folder names as xyz321 has said.

It makes it slightly easier in the sense that you can setup a different series name. For example the Formula 1 series by default gets named after the first race "F1 Australian Grand Prix" so that could be renamed to F1 and all future races will end up in that directory.

However, it will not save them under a sub-folder e.g "Motor-Racing/Formula 1" since the '/' gets converted to '_' by the Humax firmware.

So, does that mean with the std firmware, you can't even rename an auto-created Series folder without the name being reset when the next episode is recorded

So, does that mean with the std firmware, you can't even rename an auto-created Series folder without the name being reset when the next episode is recorded
Yes, we'll you'll end up with two folders.

Can someone please tell me how to delete a series created folder? I've deleted the contents ie each recording but the empty folder stubbornly remains there!

Back