Old imported .TS file make folder show unwatch tag.

free30

I've a few old .TS file I have copied onto my HDR and their folder always shows as unwatched. I've tried a few things but can not seem to get it to change. Well each time I re-install WebIF it resets them to unwatch again.
Any ideas??

You can mark a recording as 'Watched' by Telneting into your Humax and sending the following hmt command, using the name of your recording in place of Planet 51_20131223_1215. If all files in a folder are marked as 'Watched', then the folder itself will also be marked as 'Watched'
Code:
hmt -new 'Planet 51_20131223_1215.hmt'

To confirm, if you select a file in Web-If and click on the 'Opt+' button does the 'Mark watched' option not work?
Yes that's much easier, For some reason I though that these options had been removed, but as you say you should get either Web-If >> Browse Media Files >> OPT+ >> 'Mark New' or 'Mark Watched'

Thank you for the comments.
The 'Opt+' button 'Mark watched' is just not there.

They are marked as unwatched on WebIF but only the folders are on the TV browsers.

Sidecars....must be something like that. I've tried deleting any associated files and .series file, only to have to return on a fresh WebIF install. :(
No it's no biggi' I've been looking at this for a while.

I could do with a utility to run on the HDR that creates all the missing 'sidecars'.
Be nice as it would give imported files an icon on the browser. I remember there is a windows based program but it would be great to have it automated on the HDR it's self. Unless I've missed something. :frantic:

There must be an associated title.hmt file present with the title.ts file before the 'Opt+' button 'Mark watched' will be displayed. I guess you didn't copy the sidecar files when you copied the title.ts files off the humax. You will have to use AV2HDR-T2 on a P.C.

AV2HDR-T2
is a bit hard work, one file at a time, not saving to location. All a bit much to stop it being tagged as un-watched.
Umm still not a solution for me, I've just too many to do.

Well Raydon got back to me and said.......some stuff about prpr, in the same vain as your comments about him.
Then
"AV2HDR-T2 was written in C# to run under Windows with .NET framework providing the GUI. It was a portover from a utility I had previously created for the Foxsat HDR, long before any custom firmware existed to allow access to the linux OS on the box. It would be a lot of work to convert the sources to run on the linux platform and I have not even considered it, nor am I ever likely to, "

Raydon has been kind enough to publish the specs that he worked out for the NTS file (and the HMT come to that). I used that information to write the strip utility which has to rewrite the NTS file. I don't see any reason why someone couldn't take that information and write a utility to generate a NTS file from a decrypted TS.

Well Raydon got back to me and said.......some stuff about prpr, in the same vain as your comments about him.
He would, wouldn't he...
I don't believe his reasoning and I never did. Converting code that reads files and writes others is not fundamentally difficult and can essentially be done on any platform in any language - the hard part is the algorithm and the specific details of the file formats and that's already been worked out, which by his own admission was a lot of work. C# is not that much different in principle from C or C++ (which would be probably be most people's choice for a port target) as you might expect for reading and writing files.
Now he's just using me as an excuse, which really shows how pathetic he is. Sadly it is a lost cause I'm afraid...
It's a good job others here aren't like him.

I don't think goading will ever work! Try coding. You seem to have all the tools at your disposal. Maybe you could knock up something for yourself that you could maybe share with your friend.
Merry Christmas. Or is it Bah! Humbug!

@ prpr
I said he made comments in the same vain as you, just to show you get what you give.
Not to carry on.

We all get funny impressions of people but we don't share them unless you really know something....

I feel responsible for upsetting prpr and Raydon, now...
never mind it's Christmas

@ prpr
I said he made comments in the same vain as you, just to show you get what you give.
Not to carry on.

We all get funny impressions of people but we don't share them unless you really know something....

I feel responsible for upsetting prpr and Raydon, now...
never mind it's Christmas
I'm sure you meant vein, but vanity does come into it.

Back