On network - but to Portal TV

IHC

Had my new Hummy for 4 days now, it is happily serving media to android phones via Skifta and is registered on the network and has IP from router... however now tried both wifi and cable to access TV portal, it says connecing and then does nothing apart from occassionally offering error re connection message in grey box in screen centre including www....... in address. Interesting all other PCs etc can get to that address where it says Humax STB only against black screen.

Really frustrated - soon to be taking it back I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad one.
Help much appreciated, Ian

Really frustrated - soon to be taking it back I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad one.
I doubt there isanything wrong with the hardware. This problem of getting an initial connection is reported from time to time. Have you tried the simple step of switching it off at the mains and then back on?

Had a similar problem recently, portal had been working fine then nothing after pfaffing around with setting etc still no joy. Eventually reset router hey presto, now working, try re-setting router may help. My router also has something called " client isolation" it stops wireless devices from seeing the network, this needs to be off

Well it must simply be fear on the part of the hummy now I got the forums involved. Went back to it yesterday eve to start meesing with config and blow me away it has decided to work in my absence. So all sorted, I have no idea why or how but fingers crossed it keeps working.

Many thanks for help as you ideas gave me confidence to continue prodding it, not thatI needed to in this case.
Cheers Ian.... and now for some of your tweaked firmware

Back