On-Screen Count-down!!

Gerrymac

Hi,
All new to this..D/loaded the latest firmware and have been reading all to do with it. I have recorded shows in the past but last night, I had recorded Little Boy Blue on ITVHD.
While watching this later,within 5/10mins in, there was a little box(bottom right) appearing on screen with a 3 in it..This blinked and then showed 2..then 1 (I take it it was minute intervals)..then the Humax box powered down..blank screen..until I re-booted machine and the show continued. I had to rewind a bit where show had cut off.
This is a first...Timer was Off I have never used this option before..
Any Ideas??

Cheers.

While watching this later,within 5/10mins in, there was a little box(bottom right) appearing on screen with a 3 in it..This blinked and then showed 2..then 1 (I take it it was minute intervals)..then the Humax box powered down..blank screen..until I re-booted machine and the show continued.
Well, the HD- & HDR-FOXes have an auto-power-down as stated, but this doesn't sound like it and I have never seen the countdown described.

In that case, it doesn't sound like it's the Humax doing this. Could it be your TV?

In that case, it doesn't sound like it's the Humax doing this. Could it be your TV?
I.ll check..but doubt it..I.ve never seen this happen before..the small box was purple so I assumed it has sommat to do with CS.
My TV when switched on shows Annalogue channel and then I have to press TV>Source which then gives the options...HDMI1/2/3 etc....

No, nothing to do with custom firmware (unless it's something you've written and installed yourself!).

Back