Only 1 tuner showing signal

Martin

Hi

My refurbished FVP-4000T arrived from Humax Direct yesterday and installed this morning. Everything appeared to be working OK until I tried to switch to one of the HD channels and it reported there was no signal. Checked the signal strength and it is showing 100% Signal and Quality on tuner one but nothing on the others.
Is this a known issue or is it a faulty unit?
(I get a good HD signal on several channels on a TV with built in HD on the same aerial)

Try recording BBC1 SD (BBCA Mpx) to tie up one tuner than try to watch ITV (D3+4 Mpx).
That should 'prove' that both tuners are working. If it's only the HD channels that are missing it sounds like the BBCB Mpx is iffy signal strength wise. Also try Film4+1 (Ch 45) which is an SD channel on the same Mpx as the HD ones.

Hi Trev

Thanks for your help, did as you suggested and now showing 2 tuners working but nothing on the 3rd tuner. Also HD channels appear to have burst into life now. Also had a problem remote control conflict as I have a Humax Freesat on the same rack but found on another forum here that remote control code can be changed.

Have you tried using two of the tuners to record a channel on two different multiplexes than tune the box to a channel on a third MPX.
e.g. Record BBC1 on Ch1 and ITV on Ch3 then try to watch say ITV3 on ch 10 to see if all three tuners are actually working on three different multiplexes?
Ah Ha, the old one control for two boxes simultaneously problem.:(

Hi Trev

Thanks for your help, did as you suggested and now showing 2 tuners working but nothing on the 3rd tuner. Also HD channels appear to have burst into life now. Also had a problem remote control conflict as I have a Humax Freesat on the same rack but found on another forum here that remote control code can be changed.

Used to be the same on the Humax 2nd generation Freesat boxes. Only active tuners had signal strength and quality indicated. Force all 3 tuners to be used (As Trev posts) should give all three reception figures.

Likely your missing HD channels were on COM 7 and were affected by High Air Pressure related co-channel interference.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/...#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1480507200

Last edited:
Back