Only some files stream to a Sony BDP-S370

Spider68

I have set up TwonkyMedia 4.4 to stream video using DLNA and this works great to various mobile and PC devices. However I'm having some problems with a Sony BluRay player (BDP-S370), only some of the video files will play correctly (they are all standard defn. files). I can't seem to find any consistent reason for it, EG some Miss Marple episodes from a year ago are OK, newer ones are not. When they don't work I get a longish wait, then a "could not connect to server" error. These same files will play fine through XBMC or Android VPlayer.

I have a hunch that it might be something to do with the audio encoding, is there an easy way to check what audio format is contained in the .ts file? Or any other reasons that the Sony is so picky about the videos it will allow to play?

I have set up TwonkyMedia 4.4 to stream video using DLNA and this works great to various mobile and PC devices. However I'm having some problems with a Sony BluRay player (BDP-S370), only some of the video files will play correctly (they are all standard defn. files). I can't seem to find any consistent reason for it, EG some Miss Marple episodes from a year ago are OK, newer ones are not. When they don't work I get a longish wait, then a "could not connect to server" error. These same files will play fine through XBMC or Android VPlayer.

Yes, i have the same player and same problems, and it's the same using MediaTomb and also with the HDR Fox T2 as source. Yet my Android devices and Samsung TV will happily play all the unencrypted stuff from both.

BBC stuff will generally play everywhere, but Channel 4 HD stuff will play on all my devices apart from the Sony BD player. I think someone else reported the same with a Sony TV.

If you can use a Windows system to look at the files then MediaInfo can tell you about the codecs used

Back