Oops - I seem to have broken it...

GTG

Hi,

After a spate of "recording failed - unable to track", I decided to undo an changes I had made and reinstall the custom firmware from scratch.

I followed the procedure from the Web Interface Menu select >> Diagnostics >> Remove all custom firmware packages and settings. but then when I tried to browse to the Humax IP I get "page cannot be displayed".

The humax settings page confirmed the IP address, I can ping and connect with telnet, but cannot browse to the humax.

Next I followed the steps suggested if webif is broken using telnet/cli:

touch /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/.rma
reboot

Now when I power up I get start system / customer firmware / rma on the display, but still cannot browse to the device.

Finally I downloaded the current custom firmware HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.23 and went through the installation process - all normal, progress bar / download success etc, but I'm no further forward.

I can ping, telnet but not browse to the device IP.

Any ideas?

My only doubt following the process is the instruction to "reboot using the remote" - as I don't use the humax remote - the stabby function and button round the back are my only choices...?

When the box is in RMA mode, it expects to have standard firmware installed to wipe any last traces of the custom firmware. You need to do this and then install CF again afterwards.

Sorry to but in on your thread, but I have the same problem as GTG.
I have installed official firmware 1.03.12 as no box is a refurb that had 1.03.11 on it. I then installed CF 1.03.12 mod.

I still cannot connect via the web browser.

Any thoughts?

neuty

Edit I should say that I am at this stage as i refitted the original 500gb hd back in as the 1tb I used was wasted on the wife.. I had stuck with RMA and still am.

You don't say which version of custom firmware (CFW) you installed: is it 2.23? During booting do you get a banner saying 'custom firmware 2.23'?
If you have changed hard drive since installing CFW, you will need to reinstall before you can download all of the files to get Web-If running. Try installing the CFW again. If this fails to work, reflash with standard firmware (e.g. 1.03.12) and then reinstall the corresponding CFW (1.03.12/ CFW 2.23). You should then be able to connect to the HDR-FOX by inputting its IP address into a web browser. Then you can download the full Web-If interface and any packages you want to install.

Hi MET,
Yes it is CFW 2.23. I have now tried about 10 times to reinstall the official 1.03.12 firmware then the CFW 1.03.12/cfw 2.23.

All installs fine, but when I open the browser page I get the google error OOps! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.........

I had all this running a treat until I refitted the hard drive.

neuty

Ok fixed and all working. Hope this helps out GTG too.

I followed your Putty and Telnet post to reinstall the webif package and noticed an option for removing RMA, so I tried that rebooted and the option to install the web interface was there. I have installed packages and all is good.

Cheers.

neuty

That's another method, but installing an official firmware should also have wiped the RMA flag (and is the normal procedure, particularly for users unfamiliar with Telnet). If you are saying that installing official firmware did not clear RMA, there is something that needs investigating.

Cheers for your reply Black Hole.

It may be more down to my procedure in everything that caused the problem. I had the CFW on with the 1tb hard drive and used the RMA feature via the web interface.
That is when I removed the 1 tb hard drive and fitted the original 500gb. At no stage during this did I install any official FW. It was only when I realised I could not acces my Humax via SMB that I realised a problem. Reading more forum posts and checking my Humax showed I was stuck with RMA on my display. I even tried the opkg file on usb to remove but that showed errors in the log file.
Only from using Telnet did I succeed in removing RMA and the web installer showed.

Hope that explains it more.

neuty

mmm... not behaving quite as expected but I got there in the end.

FWIW...

I reloaded the stock firmware, and could ping, but not telnet or browse to the Humax. The display showed system start then channel but not RMA - so far so good.

Then I reloaded the custom firmware - could ping and telnet but still not browse.

The telnet menu now had an entry "crma - Clear return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode" - so it would appear the RMA flag lived on - but after crma things are back to normal.

Thanks for all the help...

Which stock firmware did you reload? Although version 1.03.12 is an official version it actually doesn't clear the RMA flag. Older versions should though as long as RMA mode was enabled with CFW 2.15 or later.

Glad you got it working GTG.

@af123 & Black Hole. I used 1.03.12 as my Humax refurb came with 1.03.11 already on. I used CFW 2.23.

neuty

I loaded 1.03.12 - just lucky I guess ;)

As an aside - my unwatched recording flags are out of sync - 4 unwatched recording on an empty folder, 11 unwatched recordings on a folder with 2 recordings for example. The Humax display is accurate but webif is not. Anything else I should delete?

Although version 1.03.12 is an official version it actually doesn't clear the RMA flag.
Out of interest, what is the RMA procedure for a revised hardware unit? Presumably, clear the RMA flag by installing official 1.02.32, then install official 1.03.12?

I think af needs to update the RMA mechanism so that 1.03.12 (and previous firmwares) does clear it.

Back