opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable

The Megulator

Hi,

A bit of history....
My wife and I have had our HDR Fox T2 since late 2011, prior to this we had a FoxSat. I have viewed this forum and the wiki a few trimes but have never done anything with the information.

The HDR Fox T2 has been completely unmodified since I bought it. In the last few weeks / couple of months whenever we change channel it takes a very long time (10 - 15 seconds, sometimes longer) to tune to the new channel, this includes when the channel has been selected in the guide and is playing in the picture in picture at the top left.

Yesterday this behaviour frustrated me so much that I installed the hummy tv custom firmware contained in the zip HDR Fox T2 1.03.12 mod 3.03 zip, using the instructions contained in the main wiki guide, with the hope that this would resolve the tuning issues. It appears to have, however, changing channel can still take a little longer that I would like.

Since then I have been trying to install the WebIf interface. Given the title of this post I suspect that you can guess where this is going.

I have learned how to telnet into the HDR Fox T2 and have tried the command: 'opkg install webif --force-reinstall' with the above outcome.

I have also tried to install Wget to try and obtain some kind of log output again with no solution, and the above report.

The HRD Fox T2 is connected to the internet via a Cat5e cable into a netgear 5 port switch, that in turn is connected to a BT homehub 3 ethernet port.

I am not sure what to do to resolve this and would really like some advice, as the take advantage of the WebIf interface if I can.

Many thanks in advance.

PS - I have searched the forum, but cannot find a solution.

Try and install the tcpfix package from the command line:

Code:
opkg update
opkg install tcpfix

and then try to install the web interface again. Hopefully it will be more successful.

Is the tcpfix package still an option, or has it been built-in as a Web-if dependency?, I'm trying to think of a case where you wouldn't want it to be present
EDIT
I think I found the answer, here :-
Code:
>>> opkg whatdepends tcpfix
Root set:
  tcpfix
What depends on root set
    webif 1.2.8-8    depends on tcpfix

Last edited:
The HDR Fox T2 has been completely unmodified since I bought it. In the last few weeks / couple of months whenever we change channel it takes a very long time (10 - 15 seconds, sometimes longer) to tune to the new channel, this includes when the channel has been selected in the guide and is playing in the picture in picture at the top left.
Had you brought that problem to the forum, I would have suggested a factory reset. Did you try that?

Is the tcpfix package still an option, or has it been built-in as a Web-if dependency?, I'm trying to think of a case where you wouldn't want it to be present
It gets installed by webif but if webif can't be downloaded in the first place...
It will be effectively built into CFW 3.10.

Back