OPT menu

I have reproduced the problem (with FF45.5.1) by going to the menu toolbar and selecting "View->Zoom->Zoom Text Only" and then zooming in. NB: this does not happen (for me at least) if the "zoom text only" option is off.

My menu does not have a view option - it just has a zoom +/- bar.
V50,1,0

Last edited:
There's an alternative way to change this setting (at least on my older version of FF):-
  1. Type "about:config" in the address bar
  2. In the search box type "browser.zoom.full"
  3. Set it to "true"

There's an alternative way to change this setting (at least on my older version of FF):-
  1. Type "about:config" in the address bar
  2. In the search box type "browser.zoom.full"
  3. Set it to "true"

I got a warning message about changing anything and asking if I was prepared to take the risk of screwing things up.......I wasn't!

Crtl + and Crtl - works in most browsers.

This works fine, but no change with the problem.

In case it is a zoom problem, the OP could try pressing Ctrl-0 (zero) to reset the zoom.

This has no effect.

Looking closely at the overwritten text, it seems to be a mixture between the text that should appear when opt+ is invoked on a parent directory
and the text that should appear when opt+ is applied to an individual file. (and vice versa) I don't know if this gives a clue to the problem.

Looking closely at the overwritten text, it seems to be a mixture between the text that should appear when opt+ is invoked on a parent directory
and the text that should appear when opt+ is applied to an individual file. (and vice versa) I don't know if this gives a clue to the problem.
It might, I should have time to look at this tomorrow.

Solved!
After loading Firefox on a third machine, which rendered correctly, I went through all the settings to see if anything was different on the rogue machine. I found Options/Content/Fonts and Colours was set to Times New Roman 20, whereas the other machines were set to Times New Roman 16. Changing this setting has fixed the problem.:)

Thanks for the attention and a Happy Xmas to all.

Back