OTA oddity

dandnsmith

Forum Supporter
I just looked at my schedule, using the WebIF (latest, as far as I know), and found 2 disable OTA events for tomorrow morning, together with an event to prevent OTA which I had already programmed.
I removed one disable OTA, and one other, look after the reboot, and I again have 2 disable OTA events in the schedule.
???? what the ....?

Could this, in any way, be linked to the observation (about 9 am) that the WebIF said my box was in standby - never seen that before?

I'm on the latest from the downloads - 1.3.12 with CFW 2.22

I just looked at my schedule, using the WebIF (latest, as far as I know), and found 2 disable OTA events for tomorrow morning, together with an event to prevent OTA which I had already programmed.
Snap!
But I went to the package settings and set the 'create reminder' to 'no' from 'yes'. I have no idea how it got switched on.

I appear to have 4 such entries now. I know there was only one entry at around 10:30 this morning. When I had to sort out the messed up wake/sleep settings caused by GMT/BST switching,

Just tested this. The hummy seems to be adding a new OTA entry each time it starts up.

Interesting that it has started on the day the clocks went forward.
I wonder if it will still do this tomorrow.

Yes, it's related to the BST change. Fixed in disable-ota 1.0.2 which will also remove any duplicate reminders that the old version added!

Just updated disable-OTA and it sorted it all out.
For info, it only clears the extra entries from the schedule after a reboot. Might be obvious to some but not necessarily all.

Another question. Will the EPG be refreshed during the disable-OTA "wake up"?
If so then I assume I can do away with the wake/sleep setting I have at 3am.

The EPG will be updated during a disable-OTA wake up, its is also claimed that the latest 'Official' Humax version 1.03.12 OTA wake up will now update the EPG, this wasn't the case with earlier releases

The EPG will be updated during a diable-OTA wake up, its is also claimed that the latest 'Official' Humax version 1.03.12 OTA wake up will now update the EPG, this wasn't the case with earlier releases
The Devil made me do it! :D

I have updated to 1.0.2 and I can see the 4.20 reminder set for tomorrow. IIRC there was no such event in my schedule, I would remember/see something on red button, I think. Could af123 confirm whether it's changed behaviour?

Back