OTA upgrade from 1.02.20 to 1.02.28 with CF

SimpleSim

Hi
I have been running on the old firmware with CF, web interface and remote scheduling but I had not blocked the automatic OTA update.

The box upgraded OTA to 1.02.28 and (as expected?) the CF stopped working - at least there was no webif and no telnet. So I wanted to upgrade to the new CF. Incidentally the box would not properly shut down without removing from the socket but once I had done that it started up and shut down fully.

Prepared the 1.02.28 CF on a USB drive and installed without a problem. Everything looks to be fine, the webif was there (without re-installing), it has done an RS update and the box seems ok.

I was after some guidance from the experts really, if it all looks ok shall I leave it, there was clear advice to moving from 1.02.27 to 1.02.28 but I couldn't find anything about moving from 1.02.20 via an OTA which hadnt been blocked - in my defence I had subscribed to a service which was meant to inform me about the OTA
Thanks

There are certain packages that will have been broken during this process because they store data in the flash memory which the OTA will have overwritten with a later version of the Sky Player. These are packages which need to do things before the Humax software starts. The prepare-for-upgrade diagnostic step stashes the affected components of these packages and automatically restores them once you have re-installed the customised firmware.

The packages include:
  • redring
  • undelete
  • portal-xtra1
If you have any of these installed, then the recommendation is to force-reinstall them through the web interface Diagnostics screen followed by a reboot to restore functionality.

You needed to run a diagnostic called prepare_for_upgrade if going from 1.02.20 so you might find certain CF packages don't work e.g. redring, undelete etc. Just try out the packages you have installed and report on any that don't work
EDIT
Sorry af you got there seconds before me

Thanks af123 and Ezra, I dont (currently) use any of the mentioned packages. Everything I do use looks fine; largely down to the skillful way in which the cf is integrated with the standard fw I am sure :)

FYI The OTA block does not work.

I am considering bringing criminal charges of hacking against Humax.
I have made an appointment with my solicitors for next week.

This is unacceptable behaviour.

FYI The OTA block does not work.

I am considering bringing criminal charges of hacking against Humax.
I have made an appointment with my solicitors for next week.

This is unacceptable behaviour.

Are you saying the Custom Firmware package disable_OTA doesn't work?
I'm guessing your Humax auto updated to 1.02.28, did this cause a re-tune or disrupt your viewing / recording in some other way?
If you are serious about the legal proceedings, I'm sure a lot of users would be interested in the outcome

Are you saying the Custom Firmware package disable_OTA doesn't work?

Didn't work for me. My box was showing the upgrade process on the display, this morning.To be fair though I just installed disable_OTA and rebooted, I didn't look to see if it needed turning on/offf

My disable OTA didn't seem to work as v28 uploaded to my HDRFOX T2. I loaded the latest custom version which seemed to go smoothly but the custom portal would only produce the Humax version. I reinstalled the custom version which now works well but I was surprised to see some new options like Metro and express newspapers. Are these part of the custom upgrade or have I missed them before.

Nole

Back