Other TVs not working since HDR 2000T installed

81Kerry81

I have just purchased a HDR 2000T and have set it up fine, however I am having issues turning it on. When I press the power button, the light on the box goes from red to blue, but then I can't get any further than that. I have pressed the PVR button on the remote but still nothing for ages then eventually it goes on...I have tried pressing and holding or simply just pressing...any suggestions?

When 'the light on the box goes from red to blue' you would expect to see something on the TV screen within a few seconds, do you?, If not there could be problem with your TV 'seeing' your Humax, If the two are linked by an HDMI cable you could try connecting with a SCART cable instead, remember to switch the input on the TV towards the SCART input connected to the Humax

No, I don't see anything on the tv screen, even after a few minutes. I am already connected with a scart rather than a HDMI as I don't have a HDMI socket in my tv. I have a separate remote that I use to switch on my tv...does that make a difference?

No, I don't see anything on the tv screen, even after a few minutes. I am already connected with a scart rather than a HDMI as I don't have a HDMI socket in my tv. I have a separate remote that I use to switch on my tv...does that make a difference?
There are sometimes problems with HDMI connections, however a SCART connection should be instant. I If you are sure the TV is selecting the correct SCART input, I would suspect the Humax of being faulty, you could try disconnecting the Humax and connecting a different device with a SCART output using the same SCART cable, to see if that works

I think it would be worth trying the HDR-2000T on another TV (friends? family?) before coming to any conclusion whether this is down to the 2000T or the TV.

Thanks to you all for your help so far. I have a feeling it may be related to the remote control...does anyone know whether I just need to press PVR once or press and hold it...?

I have pressed the PVR button on the remote but still nothing for ages then eventually it goes on...I have tried pressing and holding or simply just pressing...any suggestions?
The PVR button is not the source of your issue.

The PVR buttton switches the remote from TV mode to PVR mode. You only need to press it to return the remote to PVR mode if you were using the remote in TV mode or have accidently pressed the TV button and wish to use another button on the remote for the PVR.

Thanks for your replies. I think the issue is resolved now, as I have set up the remote as a universal one. One thing though, since doing the setup of the remote (by entering the three digit code) the other two TVs in my house now don't have any channels - we have re-tuned them but still no luck...is there any chance that what I have done with the remote has caused this?!

You would have to describe how the aerial signal is routed around your house for us to suggest what may have happened, but I'm pretty sure the remote is not implicated!

I have a main aerial in the living room which has an attachment where the TV aerial is plugged into (sorry, I dont know what it is called!) that also has a wire that plugs into a socket marked 'Return'. I then have two further TVs, each that plug into their own aerial socket (marked 'TV'). Does that help? Both TVs were working yesterday morning but haven't been working since I set up the remote. I cant see it being an issue with the main aerial for my block of flats as the main TV is working fine, and it seems odd that both other TVs stopped working at the same time!

You are aware the HDR-2000T has an issue with aerial pass-through in standby? If the "return" socket (in the wall plate) then goes on to feed the other TV sockets, and you have it connect to the aerial output on the HDR-2000T, the other TVs will not get a signal while the HDR is off.

Thanks for your response. I wasn't aware of the issue, however I have now tried to retune the TVs whilst the Humax is on, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

I had some setup issues with my Humax HDR2000T but since resolving them, the other two TVs in my flat have stopped working in that they don't pick up any channels. The main TV (to which the Humax is connected) is plugged into a socket marked TV and that is then connected to another socket marked RETURN. Any suggestions as to why I have an issue, or are the two unconnected?

Back