Overlay on http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/

Dinosaur

In Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) under Debian 10 (buster), the twitter feed overlays the main text.

In Firefox 68.2.0esr (64-bit) all is ok.

I was tempted not to report this and use Chrome (except when looking at the top of the page) as it all comes out bigger and easier on my eyes.

Whatever. Column A could be narrowed considerably and column C, in which there is most text, widened.
Mine is like BH's, but the Twitter Poo overlays the right hand column on mine as well if I make the window narrower. W10/Chrome. Most other sites that do that sort of thing with a sidebar make it 'go away' if there is not enough room for it.
You can get rid of it with Adblock if you don't need it.

Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) under Debian 10 (buster), the twitter feed overlays the main text.
I use Chrome a lot and (mainly on my tablet I think) the last couple of weeks I've found this overlay thing happening on a number of web pages generally - typically text and inserted adverts getting mashed together. In one instance the text overlayed a button I needed to press and I couldn't get to it despite refreshing and zooming.
So it may be a bug in Chrome that will get fixed.

And perhaps they won't. It doesn't do it on a couple of other sites that I frequent. Just squeezes up the good stuff, then goes away. Does not overlay the good stuff.
Chrome 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Try some other sites BH.

What have other sites got to do with it? There's something about this site such that element placement according to viewport size is less than convenient, and may have been designed on the basis of one example size without consideration for other sizes. The same may apply to other sites, but they are not within our purview.

I'm not saying AF has been less than diligent, but now an inadequacy has been identified it bears looking at. Maybe somebody with suitable knowledge could look at the page source and work out what to do about it.

Now I'm tuned to it, I see many examples of "this works for me so it must be okay for everybody" in real life too.

What have other sites got to do with it?
What haven't they got to do with it? If other sites do not have the same behaviour as Hummy, then it is likely not a user's system problem. So, in my case, there is something different with Hummy that could (and I'm not saying should) be investigated to stop it doing the overlay thing.

I didn't say "this works for me etc. etc." I said that it creates a problem with my particular set up, which I listed for clarity in case it was caused by my setup. As did the OP, but I have not the slightest Idea what "Debian 10 (buster)" is. The only "buster" that I know is on the Direct Line advert. :roflmao:

but I have not the slightest Idea what "Debian 10 (buster)" is.
@Trev, you probably don't want to know that the Debian team, as well as numbering their major releases, give them a name from Toy Story.

I have not the slightest idea who Buster is in Toy Story.

Back