Overrated

Seems this thread has run out of steam, but I'll have a pop at another,

Dire Straits

The fact is that, despite not liking rock noise in general, I rather like Dire Straits (although maybe not all of their output). I certainly wouldn't put them in the "overrated" bracket.

I like a lot of Dire Straits, and many of the others listed, but never all. Is entirely personal, so any discussion like this is never going to have a conclusion. But like electing a government really.

Moving out from singers: jazz, poetry, dance. All liberal elite rubbish IMNVHO :duel:

Last edited:
Ah yes Mike, that brings me full circle. Each of the bands mentioned have one or two half decent recordings to their credit, even Dire Straits, but a large majority of output is dreary an unimaginative, therefore we get to hear the same old stuff on most radio stations.
To me, continuing with Dire Straits, the Brothers in Arms album, which made their name, is very overrated as an album, featuring so much incredibly dreary stuff.
Knopfler, a gifted guitarist but not a singer.
As I pointed out at the beginning, it is very subjective.

Now I like a few of sammy’s songs but my favourite gripe at the moment is Michael Bublé really really, can’t believe the hype he gets I just think he’s a so so singer who can’t hit the highs

Back