package management list incomplete

i have recently noticed that the deleted items folder has vanished from my unit. upon loading up web-if the list on package management ends at reset?
it's not the end of the world but just means that recordings are deleted without any chance to review them.
the undelete package appears to be there under settings still.
cheers

Are you saying that undelete is missing from the Installed list but still showing in Settings, or that it's also missing from the Available list so that you can't [re-]install it?

Either way, you can try to re-install using the 'Force re-install' option in the Diagnostics Webif page.

You might first run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic in the same place.

i have recently noticed that the deleted items folder has vanished from my unit. upon loading up web-if the list on package management ends at reset?
it's not the end of the world but just means that recordings are deleted without any chance to review them.
cheers
Do you have any messages shown in webif-error.log (on Diag page)?
A truncated package list is more likely to be due to a problem displaying the list than actual package removal.
Is the list still truncated on both Installed and Available tabs? and after clicking on 'Check for Updates'
which strongly implies the package is still installed
What are your Undelete setting?
You could try a force reinstall of the undelete package on the Diag page or run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic

upon loading up web-if the list on package management ends at reset?
Is that a statement or a question? Either way, it's unclear what you mean. Can you provide a screenshot and/or report what the webif-error.log file on the Diagnostics page contains?

Are you saying that undelete is missing from the Installed list but still showing in Settings, or that it's also missing from the Available list so that you can't [re-]install it?

Either way, you can try to re-install using the 'Force re-install' option in the Diagnostics Webif page.

You might first run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic in the same place.
no, i'm saying that the list under package management ends at reset. it is still there under Settings.
i'll try the 'force re-install' thanks.

Is that a statement or a question? Either way, it's unclear what you mean. Can you provide a screenshot and/or report what the webif-error.log file on the Diagnostics page contains?
apologies, not sure how the question mark appeared there. i'll try what you suggest if the 'force re-install' doesn't work, thanks.

'force re-install' made no difference.
i'm currently trying to work out how to do a screenshot of the webif-error.log file on my pc. it's not something i've ever had the need to do before, sorry!

20 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 50, in pkgrow
19 pkgrow reset {package reset version 1.0.0 status {install user installed} architecture mipsel installed-time 1328426370 repo none installed 1.0.0}
18 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 174
17Traceback (most recent call last):
16/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim:50: Error: can't read "pkg(description)": no such element in array
15 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 50, in pkgrow
14 pkgrow reset {package reset version 1.0.0 status {install user installed} architecture mipsel installed-time 1328426370 repo none installed 1.0.0}
13 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 174
12Traceback (most recent call last):
11/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim:50: Error: can't read "pkg(description)": no such element in array
10 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 50, in pkgrow
9 pkgrow reset {package reset version 1.0.0 status {install user installed} architecture mipsel installed-time 1328426370 repo none installed 1.0.0}
8 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 174
7Traceback (most recent call last):
6/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim:50: Error: can't read "pkg(description)": no such element in array
5 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 50, in pkgrow
4 pkgrow reset {package reset version 1.0.0 status {install user installed} architecture mipsel installed-time 1328426370 repo none installed 1.0.0}
3 File "/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim", line 174
2Traceback (most recent call last):
1/mod/webif/html/pkg/pkg.jim:50: Error: can't read "pkg(description)": no such element in array
Page: 1
First
Prev
Showing 1 - 20 / 20
Next
Last
50 100 200 500 lines

sorry, a cut and paste was the best i could manage at present!!
the date in red said jan 2.
i hope this means something to someone out there?
cheers

Undelete Settings
Dustbin name:
Remove files from dustbin after: 1 day 2 days 3 days 4 days 5 days 6 days 7 days 10 days 15 days 20 days 30 days
Reduce retention time to 6 days if disk space <GiB
Reduce retention time to 5 days if disk space <GiB
Reduce retention time to 4 days if disk space <GiB
Reduce retention time to 3 days if disk space <GiB
Reduce retention time to 2 days if disk space <GiB
Reduce retention time to 1 day if disk space <GiB
Reduce retention time to 0 days if disk space <GiB

it's back now thanks. i guess the force re-install worked, i just needed to look on the unit itself!
cheers all, until the next time i guess??

Is the package list still broken though? It sounds to me like your /mod/var/opkg/status file is corrupt. Can you get a copy of it to me? If not, copy from the File Editor tool on the Diagnostics page into a forum message (using [code]...[/code] tags to contain the data). Then we can see about making the process more robust, but it's hard without the original data.

That and the fact that some undelete package files seem to have gone missing would suggest it might be worth a fixdisk run.

i'm saying that the list under package management ends at reset
Are you saying you have an installed package called reset?
AFAIK there is no official package of that name! I wonder where it came from
From a putty/webshell command line try (and report results)
Code:
opkg list reset
opkg list-installed
opkg info reset

I've put a fix in to stop the page crashing at least. It was fairly easy to do by feeding it bad data (in this case, a package without a description).

Code:
opkg list reset
opkg list-installed
opkg info reset
I haven't to my knowledge, but that's what the last item on the package management list says.

Code:
opkg list reset
opkg list-installed
opkg info reset
no idea what the rest of that means, sorry.

still doing the same thing just now...meaning it ends at reset which is red with an exclamation mark beside it and info underneath. click on info and nothing happens though.

Is the package list still broken though? It sounds to me like your /mod/var/opkg/status file is corrupt. Can you get a copy of it to me? If not, copy from the File Editor tool on the Diagnostics page into a forum message (using [code]...[/code] tags to contain the data). Then we can see about making the process more robust, but it's hard without the original data.

That and the fact that some undelete package files seem to have gone missing would suggest it might be worth a fixdisk run.
I'll try fixdisk tomor

still doing the same thing just now...meaning it ends at reset
Well it will, until either the next version of WebIf is released or the .../opkg/status file gets fixed. The former will only mask the continuing problem with the latter though.
does that make any sense??
You already posted the extract of that which showed the problem. I'm more interested in what is in the other file I mentioned.

Back