Package Scheduled Events

AndyMB

Hi

I'm using an HDMI port splitter which is working great however when the Humax starts running a scheduled event such as Decrypt, Dedup, Shrinker, MPG Scan etc the HDMI splitter senses the Humax has turned on and switches the channel, not good if I am in the middle of watching something else as I have to reboot that piec of equipment. I can use the remote to switch the channel back to the item but it's becoming a pain.

My question is, where can one see \ edit the times that these packages run, and can they be run overnight when I won't be using anything else.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did look but could find nothing.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Your assumptions as to the cause are all flawed. In any case, automatic switches are the work of the devil. There is nothing you can do apart from get a manual one, if such a thing exists.

The custom firmware only runs the tasks you mention when it is already awake - it does not turn the Humax on specifically to run them, and it does not do anything that would be perceptible over an HDMI link.

If your auto-HDMI switch somehow senses something that causes it to switch to the input from the HDR-FOX when the HDR is already on and the CF auto-processes start, I don't know what it might be.

As prpr says, you need to do something about your switch. Maybe changing the order of the inputs would help.

The only CFW component which could trigger an HDMI switch is the detectads package which will turn on the video outputs if configured to work on recordings whilst they're in progress. It does this in order to enable the DLNA server.
Do you have this package installed and configured in this way? Nothing else should enable the video outputs.

Thanks for your input guys.

It always seems to happen around 18:10 but has happened over the weekend when the TV was on more, I tried to find out what was running at 18:10 but it only mentioned

1858 30/09/2015 18:12:35 - System booted (Scheduled event)

I am not recording anything at that time so unsure what it is, the following packages are installed...

anacron .
auto-schedule-restore
auto-update
busybox
bzip2
channeldel
cifs
cron-daemon
dbupdate
disable-dso
disable-ota
e2fsprogs
epg
fan
ffmpeg
file
fix-disk
fuse
hmt
id3v2
inotify-tools
jim
jim-binary
jim-cgi
jim-oo .
jim-sqlite3
lamemp3
libreadline
libutil
lighttpd
lsof
mongoose
multienv .
ncurses
network-shares-automount
nicesplice
ntfs-3g
openssl-command
portmap
poweron-channel
python
recmon
redring
rsvsync
samba
service-control
smartmontools
sqlite3
ssmtp
stripts
swapper
tcpping
tmenu
trm
vfdtest
webif
webif-channelicons
webif-charts
wireless-tools

Thank you

Andy

Do you have any scheduled reminders or scheduled power on events?

Reminders cause the system to come on in fully awake state with HDMI active whilst a scheduled recording should only cause it to come to half awake state without activating the HDMI output

1858 30/09/2015 18:12:35 - System booted (Scheduled event)

I am not recording anything at that time so unsure what it is, the following packages are installed...
You have a recording scheduled to start at 18:30 using accurate recording (AR). The HDR-FOX T2 on software 1.03.xx starts to wake up 18 minutes before the schedule starts with the HDMI being activated about 35 seconds after the start of the boot sequence for AR.

Thank you...absolutely correct...looks like I'll have to plug the Humax directly into the TV.

Not needed, you need to get one switch like mine. I had your problems previously and it annoyed me big time. Someone here pointed this switch to me. It also has a remote.

Aaaaah, can't post the picture. Search for it on the forum.

Not needed, you need to get one switch like mine. I had your problems previously and it annoyed me big time. Someone here pointed this switch to me. It also has a remote.

Aaaaah, can't post the picture. Search for it on the forum.
Using what search term(s)? Thor HDC75?

I have an unbranded 4x2 matrix switch with buttons and a handset. It does not auto-switch. However, I have the IR receiver covered up because one of the Humax control code sets conflicts with it.

I'm using an Ex-Pro AV-Pro 5 port switch from Amazon (about £24).
It doesn't auto-switch and there are no remote conflicts.

Back