Package update failing

T7V

When I try to update the package list for the custom firmware, or add any package, I get this error. It has been like this for a while. I can't see any reference to this problem from searching the forum.

>>> opkg update
wget: server returned error: (web address I can't post) 1.1 403 Forbidden
Downloading (web address I can't post)
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download (web address I can't post), wget returned 1.

Updating package meta information
Done.

Updating diagnostic meta information
Done.

When I try to update the package list for the custom firmware, or add any package, I get this error. It has been like this for a while. I can't see any reference to this problem from searching the forum.
What version of the custom firmware is your box using?

I'd guess that you're using an old version of the custom firmware. Package updates are no longer available for versions older than 3.00

Maybe there needs to be some kind of flag for that? This isn't the first time this has come up.

Maybe there needs to be some kind of flag for that? This isn't the first time this has come up.
If the posters had updated their web interface at any point between January and April then there would be a warning message at the top saying that their firmware is out of date. It only takes a second to respond to the threads and at some point a poster may just search before posting (or there will be sufficient keywords around to make that easy).

It is:

Web interface version: 1.0.17-8
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)

I did search the forum (and Google) before posting but "package update" doesn't show anything. I see that searching for "package updates" does give a clue. I will update the firmware; thanks for the advice.

Back