Parental Control

rodp

Hi All,

Other than selecting each file individually and selecting Lock / Unlock, what other options are there for parental control on my Hummy (HDR FOX T2 with custom firmware 2.17) ? Can you do it by folder?

I am also contemplating on moving recordings off my hummy onto a NAS. To watch, I'll setup an SMB share folder on my hummy and access them that way. Would parental control be possible in the same way?

Many thanks in advance

Rodp

Locking is a flag in the .hmt file, so as long as the .hmt is kept with the .ts and is accessed through file sharing rather than DLNA then it should continue to work when held elsewhere (the NAS can be auto-mounted using network-shares-automount and will appear as if a local USB drive, accessed via Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB).

Take a look at the sweeper package, which allows you to manipulate new recordings according to a set of user-defined rules. I don't recall whether there is currently an action to lock or unlock a recording, but if there is not that is the place for one to be added.

The Humax has some built-in options for parental control too, which I have enabled. It definitely results in some recordings requiring the PIN to play them even though they aren't locked. It doesn't seem entirely consistent however but I haven't spent much time investigating.

I also use sweeper to lock recordings based on keywords in the names but you could also lock based on the existence of a guidance flag or the time of the broadcast. - see http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/sweeper-custom-rules-to-manage-recordings.5138/

The menu parental control settings comprise Off | All | Guidance Marked | Internet Content. I have no idea what "Internet Content" is, other than maybe to lock access to the TV Portal. "Guidance Marked" is obviously going to be at the mercy of the guidance flag applied by the broadcasters (and could be applied to programmes that are relatively inoffensive - look at the certificate Paddington got!).

Hi All,

Other than selecting each file individually and selecting Lock / Unlock, what other options are there

Rodp

You can use the select / select all options within a folder and mark some or all contents and then lock them in one batch. I have done this on 100+ files in one folder on my NAS. Of course non-ts files like MP4 are ignored.

Back