Pause live channel & next program recording

Mark Hobson

Hi All,

Newbie here, just a quick question. Just purchased a Humax HDR Fox T2 and am very pleased with it but for one small problem I have recently found.

If say for instance i'm watching BBC1 at 8:45pm and I press pause to go and make a brew and I also have the next program on same channel at 9:00pm set to record. When I get to the point that the recorded program is about to start and i'm still buffered on previous program I get a message on screen saying the TSR will stop and recording will start. If I select Yes I'm immediately returned to live broadcast thus missing the end of the last program I had buffered, If I select no the recording at 9pm is cancelled and I can continue with the buffered program to the end.

I find this a little bit irritating as the last box I had (TVonics HV Z500) never did this, it would just start recording at 9pm without question.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this how it is. Would have thought a DTR box with this spec could cope with this. ?

Thanks

Mark

This is how it works, there is Humax rule that no single channel can be recorded twice, the 'Live Buffer' or Time Shift Recording is a recording that is automatically erased after 2 Hours, the TSR must stop so that a new permanent recording on the same channel can start. It is annoying

That's how it is, sorry. The Humax won't record and buffer the same channel simultaneously. HiDef duplicate channels and +1 channels sometimes come to the rescue.

Ok Thanks for the info guys, Thought that the HD side would be an option as most of them do duplicate the same programs at the same time so will give that a go.
Cheers

Haven't tried it but could you not select No and convert the buffer into a recording; then go to the Live Broadcast and set up an instant recording?

Confirmation required this can be done - not tried it myself.

Martin

What you can do is select "no", then (as said) start recording and select the end of the next programme as the end point. The TV will switch to live. Then you can go into Media and chase-play the recording that is being made (which effectively starts at the point you stopped watching the delayed programme). The 9pm recording will be in the same file, but it's better than nothing.

Haven't tried it but could you not select No and convert the buffer into a recording; then go to the Live Broadcast and set up an instant recording?

My guess is if you select No and then record buffer, that if you then go to live broadcast and press record, the instant record won't be allowed until the buffer recording has ended

Ah, yes. I thought the timeshifted recording would only go to the current time so needed the subsequent instant recording.

Martin

Back