PC not able to open Humax folder on network

pADDYB

My Hummy shows up in my computers network, but when I try and open the folder I get a message "HUMAX is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find if you have access permissions. The network address is invalid.".

I can still access the box using remote access and set recordings using the RS package and can also access files using my laptop on the same network, so guessing it's something in my PC settings, though I haven't consciously changed anything. I've occasionally had this problem in the past, but it has gone away after rebooting pc/humax, but not this time, it's been like this for a few days now.

Hope someone can help.

More details required, such as the operating system and version of both working and non-working computers.

WIndows is a bugger for this sort of thing, frankly. I take it you have the samba package installed, and you have configured the appropriate settings (on the Win PCs) to enable SMB1?

Yes, I have the samba package installed and running. Not sure how to check if it's correctly configured in Windows, is there a guide to setting it up on this forum?

The workgroup name on both computers is Workgroup.

On the PC, all the SMB boxes are ticked. On the Laptop (which works) SMB 120 CIFS Client Server is unticked. There is also a box SMB direct that is ticked on the PC, but that box is not present on the Laptop.

Not sure what you mean by mod/etc?

Back