Permanently Deleting Message

tellboy

I have had this before and thought it was a one off.
When you look at the list of recently recorded programs they have not recorded or even listed and the background message "deleting" is showing.
When you go to settings the option to format the hard drive or perform a factory reset is not available.
The last time it happened 6 months ago Humax Direct changed the unit suspecting the 1 Tb hard drive.
I did the switch off and back on again after 30 seconds and eventually formatted the drive and all is OK. Anyone else had this problem ?

I seem to recall someone (possibly yourself?) posting about this over on hummy.org.uk a few months ago, it only seemed to affect 1Tb boxes, and the only cure at the time was to revert the software to 1.01.09, as this does not have the background delete feature which seems to be causing the problem.

I think more recently someone has suggested that going to 1.01.09, booting the box to demonstrate that the problem had gone and then reapplying 1.02.20 fixed the problem. Certainly wouldn't take much effort to demonstrate if that is the solution.

If that was the same poster I've just been reading on DS, he now says that the same fault has come back.

If that was the same poster I've just been reading on DS, he now says that the same fault has come back.
I have just read the thread on DS, and now remember that it was myself who suggested on hummy.org.uk, that he install 1.01.09 to stop his permanently deleting message. At the time, 1.02.07 was the latest version, but I can't remember whether the original poster decided to re-apply 1.02.07.

I think more recently someone has suggested that going to 1.01.09, booting the box to demonstrate that the problem had gone and then reapplying 1.02.20 fixed the problem. Certainly wouldn't take much effort to demonstrate if that is the solution.
That sounds like it would be worth trying, and not too difficult to do.

Do we know if all of these cases were with the 1Tb version, and whether anyone who has fitted a 1Tb or larger disc themselves, has had this problem.

Yes it is the same problem as I had in March reported on Hummy.org.uk. Humax Direct changed the box that time suspecting the 1tb Hard drive.
This time I managed to stop the permanently deleting message by constantly switching off at the back and eventually caught it with the MENU settings enabled. Did a format in case it came back and now I am able to record again. I am fairly sure that this time it was after deleting a "failed" recording of 0 minutes that caused it to do it. If it was on a computer running Windows you would suspect a corrupt file and delete it with a file utility.

Back