Photo Gallery

Yep. It's conveniently provided for barbecuing babies.
My local Tesco's has A toilet for Ladies and a toilet for Men. As they have one for ladies, why don't they have one for gentlemen? (Rhetorical question for discussion not an answer)

One of my supermarkets used to have a checkout specifically for the local asylum, but I don't think the sign for "trollies and baskets" is there now.

Ooooh, you are awful. If that post gets into the DM, they will hang, draw and quarter you. Or would that be against your HR?

Why do the automated checkouts always ask if I brought my own bags?

Whose bags do they think I'd bring?

Also at whsmith the tills ask "would you like to buy a bag for 1p?"

Here's a tip - always answer no as there are usually bags at the side of the till so no point in buying more

The question is relevant here in Sunny Wales - bags are charged for at 5p minimum (coming to a province near you soon).

The machines get very upset if your shopping bag is heavy already.

The machines get very upset if your shopping bag is heavy already.

Yes. I've used the self-service ones occasionally with a few items, but when SWMBO was ill a few months ago I did the weekly shop - and used a s-s till. What a nightmare! The attendant must have reset the damn thing 20 times. And when I tried to take a bag off to make more space .... well, the machine got really upset.
Never again!

There's an old couple go through every week (according to the assistant when I commented), using the self service instead of queuing at a normal checkout. The normal checkout would be quicker! Between them they take more than one item off the input scales at once, then the old dear puts her purse down on the output scales, and if they've bought plants the scanning plate ends up covered in dirt. You get the picture.

Yes. I've used the self-service ones occasionally with a few items, but when SWMBO was ill a few months ago I did the weekly shop - and used a s-s till. What a nightmare! The attendant must have reset the damn thing 20 times. And when I tried to take a bag off to make more space .... well, the machine got really upset.
Never again!

We took a full load of shopping through self service at Sainsbury's once. The attendant couldn't believe it, but we pointed at the queues at the attended tills. Mrs Mike has a phobia about self service as it always goes wrong, but I just laugh and enjoy it. Mrs Mike also often grabs our bag off the output to stick another on.

If you want free bags, though, you can't beat self checkout. "Would you like to buy a bag?" "No thanks, there are plenty of free ones here!" :D

Back